View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 04:51 AM   #1
jrgarcia
MT Newbie

Prince is Potty Pad Trained But Won't...

Hi all! Finally picked up my 9 week old Maltese puppy yesterday! He was a surprise pup and has been staying with a family friend for the last week and a half until I returned from traveling. He is 100% potty Pad trained while in his play pen at their home so I was thrilled about this!

Tonight has been his first night here and proud to report, there was no crying because he can see me from his crate (on my desk) but I've been waking up every 3 hours to take him out to potty.

The first time I took him to the living room (which is where I prefer the potty Pad to be) but there were too many distractions it seemed and he didn't have to go.

The second time, I moved them to the bathroom where I myself was and it's right next to my bedroom and he deliberately chose my bath mat and floor as opposed to the potty pad which is 1 foot away from him.

Any clue what's going on here?! He was apparently not making any mistakes before besides occasionally waking up in the middle of the night in his play pen, moving the potty Pad to other side of the pen, and then pooping on the floor. That was maybe 3 times.

Any help is appreciated!
jrgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote