MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > My Maltese!

Old 01-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #1
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Did it again.......

I wasn't sure I was ready but I wrote a breeder asking about Maltese puppies and breeding dogs. Thought it over very carefully and decided I needed to find a local breeder. Female Maltese are expensive enough without having to higher a courier to deliver the puppy. I went to a breeder in Glendale, Arizona. I had visited her web sight on various occasions but never did anything. Then a few weeks ago I parked my car right next a van that said China Doll Maltese. Was this a sign? What are the chances?

Yesterday I went to the breeder. She said she only had a male, which gave me a little time to think things out because I hadn't had a baby in my home in a long time. When I got there she said it wasn't a male but a female. I got to hold this little 8 week old munchkin on my lap and while being surrounded by at least 8 of the most beautiful little Maltese ever. I was in Maltese heaven.

Okay, sorry about the lengthy story. In 4 weeks, MISSY will be the newest member of my household, and I'm scared to death. She will be the smallest baby I have ever had. Linda said she will probably be about 5-lbs full grown. No photos yet as I didn't know I was going to get a puppy. Will definitely post once I take some.
Sharin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:53 PM   #2
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

Congratulations. I don't know anything about the breeder but their are members from that State that probably do.
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #3
Sharin
Maltese Talker

She's just a small breeder. She has champions. All her dogs look extremely healthy and have wonderful temperament. I get to go visit Missy every Wednesday till I take her home.

There are other breeders who breed and show a lot more. Have a longer list of champions but I don't care about that. I just want a healthy baby. She still has her very first Maltese, China Doll, who is 13 years young. She puts them all in dresses......so cute. They have a much larger wardrobe than me. Lol
Old 01-27-2017, 03:14 AM   #4
Morkie4
Donating Member

Awwww, so happy for you AND I can't wait to see pictures of Missy!
Old 01-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #5
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Awwww, so happy for you AND I can't wait to see pictures of Missy!
Thank you. If I don't get carried away next week on my visit, I'll take sone photos to share. Any help on bringing a much smaller puppy to my home will be appreciated. I'm checking out doggie pens but worried about her head fitting through the plastic rails. Some have 1-1/2 between the bars. I also remember with my first Maltese test I came home sick one day. I ran to the bathroom and didn't let her out. Mandy was so concerned that she ate through the plastic doggie gate to get to me. Chelsea never worried about me. She was my ... Me First Dog
Old 01-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #6
bphslp

See what the breeder's set up is. Does she have a designated area or does she use a pen. My dogs have always had a designated area in the beginning. I never used crates, but many do. I use crates for transport but never living space. I use a lot of doggy furniture in their space, toy box full of toys. They seemed to enjoy their space. ha.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #7
Sharin
Maltese Talker

O

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphslp View Post
See what the breeder's set up is. Does she have a designated area or does she use a pen. My dogs have always had a designated area in the beginning. I never used crates, but many do. I use crates for transport but never living space. I use a lot of doggy furniture in their space, toy box full of toys. They seemed to enjoy their space. ha.
She has a double play pen set up. But I am sure it is always in that room. She had two different litters when I went there. They had 4 puppies each. It was so cute. She had the puddle pad at one end and their bedding at the other. Missy had started to cry while I was holding her, so I put her back in the pen and she pottied on the pad. So many Maltese puppies in one place. Then 5 females sitting around me. The older male she was sitting for sat on my lap. He was sweet. It was at that point, I realized, I would have been just as happy with a male. But now I'm tuned into Missy. She had lots of toys for them to play with and one was rolling a tiny ball around.

So you breed Maltese too? I would love to have puppies all over the place.

I only bred Mandy so my mother could have a puppy. I would never do it again. It was scary. Both her babies lived to age 16. Wish my Chelsea had.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #8
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Congratulations. I can't wait to see pictures of Missy.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #9
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
Congratulations. I can't wait to see pictures of Missy.
Thank you.

I took two short videos. There was so much going on yesterday. Not sure I can download here but will try. I tried but was taking forever which makes me think won't work. If someone can let me know where I can save them for everyone to see, I would appreciate it.

She has do much energy. Ran, chased and played for 1hr 45min and wanted yo keep on going......she was like the ever ready bunny

Only other way is to email you the videos to see my baby.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #10
bphslp

Upload to utube and post the link.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:07 PM   #11
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphslp View Post
Upload to utube and post the link.
Thank you. Can't believe I did it. I don't know how to link it from here but if on you tube you type Missy at 9 weeks, it should show up.

I'll look around and if I can find a way.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #12
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Okay managed to find. Wasn't easy. Hope this works.

https://youtu.be/iPQvQhOq4nI
Old 02-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #13
Sharin
Maltese Talker

It works but is only 23 seconds. I have never don't that before. I'll take longer movies in the future as she grows up.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #14
Morkie4
Donating Member

Toooooo cute!
Old 02-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #15
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Thank you. She was tired. Fears almost nothing.