MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > Classifieds / Breeding / Showing > Maltese Grooming

Old 12-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #1
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

What's a good whitening shampoo

Hey I am trying to find a good shampoo to get my puppy. I was thinking about getting Natural Miracle Whitening shampoo. I have read some good reviews on that stuff. I am wondering is there anything better out there to get my puppy whiter? What whitening shampoos would you recommend
Montrell25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:23 AM   #2
Morkie4
Donating Member

I don't use whitening shampoo as it tends to dry out the hair, so use it sparingly.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:37 AM   #3
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

I didnt know that it drys the flur out. That's good to know. So what's a good kind to use on him. He has real flully hair and want to know what's a good brand to use on him?
Old 12-18-2016, 07:08 AM   #4
Emma's Mama
Maltese Authority

I use this: Topiclean Spa White

I've used it on my Maltese since she was a puppy and she'll be eight next month. I've not had any issues with her hair or skin drying out from it, but I also only use it about every eight weeks.
Emma's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:13 AM   #5
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Mama View Post
I use this: Topiclean Spa White

I've used it on my Maltese since she was a puppy and she'll be eight next month. I've not had any issues with her hair or skin drying out from it, but I also only use it about every eight weeks.
Sweet I got that same stuff Friday! Seems to work good. How do you like it? Does it help whiten her and can I use it weekly? The lady at the local boutique was telling me its a very good shampoo so I got it.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #6
Emma's Mama
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrell25 View Post
Sweet I got that same stuff Friday! Seems to work good. How do you like it? Does it help whiten her and can I use it weekly? The lady at the local boutique was telling me its a very good shampoo so I got it.
It does help with whitening but I'm not sure that I would use it weekly. I would find another, non-whitening, shampoo and maybe alternate between the two. Also, I would be sure to condition, to help prevent drying.
Emma's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #7
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

What's a good condition you will recommend? I might just start doing it every other week. If I use condition after wash it should be safe to do it every week because it will out the moisture back into his skin