MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > In Memory Of.. (R.I.P.)

Old 09-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #16
Alana
Maltese Authority

I am shocked to hear about your precious CiCi. Hugs to you. And yes please stay. You belong here. Hugs and prayers are with you.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:28 AM   #17
JanG
Maltese Authority

Thanks again, everyone.

I really think we'll not get any more pets. We aren't ancient but we are getting older and I don't think that's fair to a puppy or young dog. And if we got an older one, I don't think I could go through losing it. I know better than to say 'never' but it probably won't happen.

Again, thank you everyone. I put a tribute to her on my blog if anyone wants to read it: http://jgibsonartstudio.blogspot.com/ It's pretty brief as it was very difficult to write but I couldn't not honor her life.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #18
doggylover
Donating MT 2,000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
Thanks again, everyone.

I really think we'll not get any more pets. We aren't ancient but we are getting older and I don't think that's fair to a puppy or young dog. And if we got an older one, I don't think I could go through losing it. I know better than to say 'never' but it probably won't happen.

Again, thank you everyone. I put a tribute to her on my blog if anyone wants to read it: http://jgibsonartstudio.blogspot.com/ It's pretty brief as it was very difficult to write but I couldn't not honor her life.
Just read your tribute.....I am so sad for your loss. You were an angel in her life for years and you will never forget her. It is so difficult to say goodbye....We are all here for you.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:34 PM   #19
Doggyluver5
Donating MT 1,000 Club Member

I, too, just read your tribute to CiCi and it made me cry. I had a Shih Tzu, who was my heart dog, and he had a heart murmur for a few years before we let him go to the Bridge, as he had started to cough. We had been warned though that that was what to watch for. He hadn't seemed in any distress except he had stopped eating (so we gave him Boost by eyedropper for weeks) but we didn't want him to suffer at all so we took him to our vet the day the coughing started. My first Maltese didn't get the chance to pass in my arms and I couldn't have done anything else but I still feel very bad about her passing. Our Golden was helped to the Bridge a few months ago and we had been warned ahead of time and she had a very dignified passing with my arms about her on the floor. I just had to have all the teeth taken from Majic so he is toothless. So I know exactly where you are coming from in coping with it all. It doesn't matter what baby passes, if you are their parent in every way, it is like losing a child. My heart goes out to you and I'm thinking of you. I know CiCi was saying "goodbye" and "I love you" and "thank you for taking me in and looking after me so well and with so much love" with that tail wag.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #20
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

That is such a wonderful painting of CiCi. I'm so glad you were able to paint her.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #21
JiJi's Mom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Oh Jan I am terribly sorry for such a great loss. I was reading your blog and scroll down to read that CiCi had passed away. My most sincere condolences. You were wonderful mother to her, as she gave you unconditional love for all that you have done and given her.

Big huge cyber hug from my pack and myself. Thank you for staying here in MT
JiJi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:15 AM   #22
JanG
Maltese Authority

Thank you Jessica. It was such a big blow for my husband and I since she hadn't been sick or anything. We didn't have her for very long but we loved her so much - I never dreamed we could be that attached to a pet and we've always loved our animals.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #23
Missa

I'm sorry to hear about Cici. Your tribute was very touching and I found myself choking up at the last sentence. Thank you for staying at MT and for your help.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #24
JanG
Maltese Authority

Thank you, Missa. There'll never be another dog like her. We'll always miss her.