MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > Maltese Health & Foods

Old 12-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

NutriSource Small breed

I just picked up some NutriSource Small and Medium breed dog food. I was reading on dogfoodadvisor it had 5 stars. I am wondering is this really good dog food? Because the lady at the dog boutique said it is really good and she recommends it so i got it. I am wondering what you all think about it?
Montrell25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #2
Morkie4
Donating Member

It seems to be rated a high score but did you buy adult or puppy food????

And remember ti add it gradually with the old to prevent stomach upset.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #3
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

I bought the small and medium breed one and okay i will yeah it was rated a 5 on petfoodadvisor
Old 12-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #4
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Dog food adviser is a good source. 4 and 5 star food are good. Just remember that anytime you change foods to do it gradually. Mix in a little of the new food with the old food and gradually increase until you are feeding all new food.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #5
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Yeah I been using that site a lot. I bought some NutriSource Small breed that has 5 stars.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:07 AM   #6
JanG
Maltese Authority

I've never used it or heard of it so can't advise you but it sounds as if you're doing your homework.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #7
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
I've never used it or heard of it so can't advise you but it sounds as if you're doing your homework.
Yeah i been doing my homework and research. But i got him on that food now and the good thing is that i can find it local at my local pet boutique
Old 12-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #8
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

I am no help with dog food. I feed people food. Not table scraps. What I feed people can eat. A lot of poor kids don't get what my dog eats.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:18 PM   #9
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
I am no help with dog food. I feed people food. Not table scraps. What I feed people can eat. A lot of poor kids don't get what my dog eats.
Yeah i am not going to feed mines people food. I want him to be healthy and not always begging for people food.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #10
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

The best test is to see how your dog does with the food. When we were showing rabbits, we fed a pricey and high rated food. We got to the show barn and noticed that all the rabbits were boney across the back bone. We packed up and went back home. ha. That took months to correct. You can tell by your dogs reaction to the food. Introduce it slowly, mixed with what you are currently feeding.
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #11
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphslp View Post
The best test is to see how your dog does with the food. When we were showing rabbits, we fed a pricey and high rated food. We got to the show barn and noticed that all the rabbits were boney across the back bone. We packed up and went back home. ha. That took months to correct. You can tell by your dogs reaction to the food. Introduce it slowly, mixed with what you are currently feeding.
He is eating it good its been about 2 days and he seems like he doing good on it. I notice he has more energy. But i am going to try it for a few months and see if i can see a different in him.