MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > Maltese Health & Foods

Old 05-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #16
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. I think her sight is fine as she can maneuver around things as good as ever and follows me everywhere either with her eyes or physically like a shadow. The other thing is her sleeping is only brief times so I know she is tired. And before all this "heavy panting" started, see slept a lot. If I move a muscle, she awakens and starts panting. Today her tongue turned more blue than pink but it's been pink for most of the past week. It has been a really couple of rough weeks......just wish I was seeing something that gave me some encouagement.
With heart disease, lying down is when they cannot breathe. Maybe offer her a pillow to elevate her head. They need a lot of air and I have read opening a window or sit with her outside. When our Sadie was so sick, I would carry her out and she would lay in the grass and let the breeze blow past her face. I don't know what your weather is like this time of year. Bless her heart, she just can't breathe right. As they age, the blood does not circulate right thru the heart and it finally causes a heart murmur. This makes me so sad for you and Callie.
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:22 PM   #17
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphslp View Post
With heart disease, lying down is when they cannot breathe. Maybe offer her a pillow to elevate her head. They need a lot of air and I have read opening a window or sit with her outside. When our Sadie was so sick, I would carry her out and she would lay in the grass and let the breeze blow past her face. I don't know what your weather is like this time of year. Bless her heart, she just can't breathe right. As they age, the blood does not circulate right thru the heart and it finally causes a heart murmur. This makes me so sad for you and Callie.
She already has the heart murmur and they told me not to get her overly excited but not much is really exciting to her at the moment. She just seems stressed and very exhausted most of the time. It was just a few weeks ago that she was playing and romping around like a puppy with Krissie.......such a drastic and sudden change. I carry her in and out of the house for potty. It's hot here just not real humid at the moment so I do sit around the pool with her in the early mornings. Afternoons is just too much for her. She is just living a life of constant panting and it's tearing me up inside. I can't help but cry, it's just too sudden to grasp it all.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:50 PM   #18
bphslp

Quote:
She already has the heart murmur and they told me not to get her overly excited but not much is really exciting to her at the moment. She just seems stressed and very exhausted most of the time. It was just a few weeks ago that she was playing and romping around like a puppy with Krissie.......such a drastic and sudden change. I carry her in and out of the house for potty. It's hot here just not real humid at the moment so I do sit around the pool with her in the early mornings. Afternoons is just too much for her. She is just living a life of constant panting and it's tearing me up inside. I can't help but cry, it's just too sudden to grasp it all.
I know you are doing everything for her. Hey sometimes when you think everything is going down hill, they do a reverse on you. I know you must feel helpless. I will keep Callie in my prayers.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:51 PM   #19
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Carol, I'm so sorry to read that Kallie is still not feeling well. I know you are doing everything in your power to make her feel comfortable and loved. Praying she does better soon, Jack sends his love to her.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:07 PM   #20
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
Carol, I'm so sorry to read that Kallie is still not feeling well. I know you are doing everything in your power to make her feel comfortable and loved. Praying she does better soon, Jack sends his love to her.
Thanks Jack!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: It saddens me that I have to say Kallie has been on meds for over three weeks with really no improvement. She has some quiet times but for the most part she spends every waking moment with heavy panting, sighing and restlessness. Her nights are even difficult; with short times of sleep and then the cycle repeats itself. She may not be in pain says the vet but I feel she is miserable/uncomfortable almost every waking moment. As much as it pains "us"....... we are considering letting her go soon.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:14 PM   #21
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

So sorry to hear Kallie is not doing well. You have given her a lot of love and she knows that. Keep us posted. Hugs to you.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:29 PM   #22
bphslp

How is Kallie doing? She is in my thoughts and prayers. I had taken pictures of Tank's and Tessa Ta's birthday party. There was a little tiny maltese named Danni. I was sent a notice that she suddenly got sick and passed. I don't think she was very old. Maybe 8 or 10. She seemed so healthy at the party. The thought went through my mind that maybe the tiny Maltese have health problems. I am heart broken over Danni.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:47 AM   #23
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphslp View Post
How is Kallie doing? She is in my thoughts and prayers. I had taken pictures of Tank's and Tessa Ta's birthday party. There was a little tiny maltese named Danni. I was sent a notice that she suddenly got sick and passed. I don't think she was very old. Maybe 8 or 10. She seemed so healthy at the party. The thought went through my mind that maybe the tiny Maltese have health problems. I am heart broken over Danni.
UPDATE: It saddens me that I have to say Kallie has been on meds for over three weeks with really no improvement. She has some quiet times but for the most part she spends every waking moment with heavy panting, sighing and restlessness. Her nights are even difficult; with short times of sleep and then the cycle repeats itself. She may not be in pain says the vet but I feel she is miserable/uncomfortable almost every waking moment. As much as it pains "us"....... we are considering letting her go soon. Even when she does have those little sleep times, her breathing is labored and rapid........very difficult to watch.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:03 AM   #24
JanG
Maltese Authority

I'm so saddened to hear about Kallie but I know how you feel. It's so difficult to watch them struggle to breathe and see them so lethargic. Kallie knows you're doing the best for her. You'll do whatever you feel is best for her.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #25
bphslp

I am sorry to hear. Just know we care and will support any decision that you make. She is a trooper and I pray things will get better.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #26
Morkie4
Donating Member

Kallie is gone......we let her go around 4:40PM this evening. I miss her so much but glad I was there till the end with her. Gone but "never" forgotten.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #27
bphslp

Quote:
Kallie is gone......we let her go around 4:40PM this evening. I miss her so much but glad I was there till the end with her. Gone but "never" forgotten.
May Kallie run free at the rainbow bridge. I know Rugsy will greet her and show her the ropes of heaven. I don't know what to say but just wanted you to know we care.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #28
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Quote:
I'm so sorry. There are no adequate words to say. I know you will never forget her and I know she was glad you were there with her to the end. Big hugs to you.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #29
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Carol! I'm so sorry for your whole family. Princess Kallie will forever be in DragonSlayer Jack's heart and we were so honored that she picked Jack for her luv! Having met you and all your fluffs, I just want to put my arms around you, Bob and the pups and give comfort, tears and remember all the wonderful years you had together. May she rest peacefully at the Rainbow Bridge and my your heart feel only joy and happiness when you think of her.
Cheryl and Jack
Old 06-01-2016, 05:09 PM   #30
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

So sorry. RIP sweet Kallie. We never forget them.

bridge.jpg