MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > Maltese Health & Foods

Old 12-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #1
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

HeartGuard Plus

I am thinking about getting some of the HeartGuard Plus chewables for my baby. He is only 6 months just turned it a few weeks ago and i was wondering when should i start him on this chewables? I am also wondering are this good for my baby? I just want to make sure he doesn't get no kind of heart worms. But i want to also make sure this is a good product to get for him.
Montrell25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:34 AM   #2
Morkie4
Donating Member

I use to give all of my fluffs the heart guard plus but no longer give it to them because we do not have misquitoes here and they are not around any other dogs. Just my opinion on it. And it may be a good idea to give it to your young pup but I have no idea when you should start him on it. You will have to ask the vet who prescribes it for you.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:03 AM   #3
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Alright. I am probably going to order it and start giving it to him rite away. I don't see it hurting him just helping to prevent because we do go outside and sometimes go to the neighbors and he has both dog and cat
Old 12-14-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

Texas has mosquitos hiding everywhere. My vet started my guys at 4 months. It is dosed per weight. I give a combination flea and heartworm medication.
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:37 PM   #5
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Yah same here in Georgia. The mosquitoes usually die out because I'm in the north part of the state. But you never know what might be hiding out sense this weather is unpredicatble. I'm just going to get the heartguard and get him started on it.

I also use Frontline plus for flea and tick protection every month. So that part I got covered. Sense i live in a apartment you never know what's in the grass.