MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > Maltese Products & Reviews

Old 10-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Onesie for after surgery.

Tebow had a cone for 2 weeks after surgery. I did find one that was cloth but had a couple of plastic panels in it so he could somewhat see out the sides. He was a good boy about it but really didn't like it (can't blame him). At 2 weeks he got the stitches out but still had a little scabbing. Vet said as long as he didn't lick/pick at the scabs, he didn't have to wear the cone. Well of course you know the first thing he did! Jenell told me that many dogs were now using onesies instead of cones. I ordered one off of Amazon (Cover Me Tui) that is designed for after surgery. It worked great. We got the long sleeve one and he hasn't even tried to lick. These onsies let you roll up the underneath flap and snap it out of the way to go potty and then you unroll and resnap it when you come back in. It was a step-in so it was easy to get on. Look review from the family was mixed. One son immediately asked if that was hospital wear. My grandson however said Tebow looked very cute in his "jamies". The "jamies" are a keeper. There have been other times when one or other of the boys has picked at a 'hot spot' on themselves and made a bare area. This will be great to put on them when that happens. Big thumbs up on the onesie.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:49 AM   #2
Morkie4
Donating Member

Love it when people use their creativity on behalf of furbabies. Thanks for sharing the information but sure hope I never have to use one.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Love it when people use their creativity on behalf of furbabies. Thanks for sharing the information but sure hope I never have to use one.
I hope so too. However, it wasn't much more than a nicer cone (which is still a cone) and it was worth every penny.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Good to know but I sure do hope we don't have any more injuries or surgeries to worry about.