MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
plumie
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

Twilight the movie

saw it last night.. I actually like it. except the crowd.. too many screaming, crying girls in the theater.

Twilight is the first movie that ever got me into buying the book to read after watching it. I"m always into stories with vampire and human forbidden love.
I cant wait for part 2 of the movie, so I went out and got me the book to read instead.
I cant believe I had to hunt 2 store down to get one.
feel like a teenager all over again.

Think I might have to put the whole collection of Stephanie Meyer The Twilight Sega to my wishlist for xmas.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
JesBred
Inactive Account

My best freind went and saw that too! She liked it but said it wasn't as good as the book, which most movies arnt but I think that's because we imagine it being different.

I want to go see it but we always wait to rent movies. I still have to see the black knight LOL
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
plumie
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesBred View Post
My best freind went and saw that too! She liked it but said it wasn't as good as the book, which most movies arnt but I think that's because we imagine it being different.

I want to go see it but we always wait to rent movies. I still have to see the black knight LOL
LOL.. I have to agree with your best friend. After reading the book
got it last night and halfway through.
I think the book is better.

I'm not a Batman fan.. but black knight is awesome movie.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Miss Melanie
Donating MT 2000 Club Member

I must admit, I am bit confused about all the fuss over this book and movie.

Did any of these "vampire fans" read any Anne Rice stories? FORGET the movie, read the books! Tom Cruise is NOT Lastat!!!!!!!! Oh wait, maybe Anne Rice is too racey for that crowd of screaming girls. I was either 15 or 16 when I read her first novel.

Nat, have you read any Anne Rice? I LOVE her books! OH let me tell you, I LOVE HER BOOKS!

When I was pregnant with Sara, I was sick, sick, sick, I lost 17 pounds and was in the hospital more then out of it. During that time, Anne Rice came to Boca to do a signing at Liberties, my favorite local book store. I had my son's help me and I lugged three of her books with me, to get them signed. Before she started signing, she came outside to greet the people in line. She took one look at me and moved me to the front of the line, speaking softly to me as we walked past everyone. She was wonderful! She not only signed my three books but then gave me one she had with her, a book I didn't have.

I was so sad when her husband, Stan, passed away, they always seemed like such a close family.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

I can't keep that book on the shelf long enough in the school library. Those 7th & 8th graders can't get enough of it.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
Zo zo's mom
Donating MT 5000 Club Member

We went and saw it today

God bless my hubby...he made it through a chick flick...check that, a teeny bopper chick flick.

I got all four books from Santa and ready Twilight on the way home Sunday. I think the book is better than the movie but the main characters do GREAT. Their chemistry was wonderful. Poor Marco was one of about 4 guys in the theatre and there were MANY MANY tweens. I felt so old.

I am also a HUGE Anne Rice fan. I have read all the vampire chronicles as well as the witch cronicles and yes, they are so much more adult. I am not a Tom Cruise fan, but I have to say, he did a good job. Lestat is such a complex character. I think Brad Pitt was a better Louis.

I guess you could say I have a thing for vampires too
Old 12-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
Miss Melanie
Donating MT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo zo's mom View Post
God bless my hubby...he made it through a chick flick...check that, a teeny bopper chick flick.

I got all four books from Santa and ready Twilight on the way home Sunday. I think the book is better than the movie but the main characters do GREAT. Their chemistry was wonderful. Poor Marco was one of about 4 guys in the theatre and there were MANY MANY tweens. I felt so old.

I am also a HUGE Anne Rice fan. I have read all the vampire chronicles as well as the witch cronicles and yes, they are so much more adult. I am not a Tom Cruise fan, but I have to say, he did a good job. Lestat is such a complex character. I think Brad Pitt was a better Louis.

Elizabeth, I agree with you, Brad was a fairly good Louis... still I felt that Lestat was a bit more, hmmm can't quite find the exact word I am looking for but, MORE MANLY then Tom is to me. I could see hmmm perhaps, Kevin Nash play Lestat very well. HAHAHAHA! I use to be a Tom Cruise fan but, that sort of went away, after a few things he did. And I also use to be a Brad Pitt fan but that really went away after his divorce.

I too, have a "thing" for Vampires... guess it's in the blood?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:31 AM   #8
Zo zo's mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Melanie View Post
Elizabeth, I agree with you, Brad was a fairly good Louis... still I felt that Lestat was a bit more, hmmm can't quite find the exact word I am looking for but, MORE MANLY then Tom is to me. I could see hmmm perhaps, Kevin Nash play Lestat very well. HAHAHAHA! I use to be a Tom Cruise fan but, that sort of went away, after a few things he did. And I also use to be a Brad Pitt fan but that really went away after his divorce.

I too, have a "thing" for Vampires... guess it's in the blood?
Yes, in the blood for sure

I am also no longer a Tom Cruise fan (and it is a shame because he can be an amazing actor). I saw in an interview with Anne that when she wrote Interview, she had an actor named Rutger Howar (sp?) totally in mind for the part, but when it came time to make the film, he was too old. Of course, I don't know how many of you have ever seen the movies based on James Patterson's novels "Kiss the Girls" and "Along came a spider"..our main character is played by Morgan Freeman (who I LOVE) but in the books, Detective Cross is early 40s at the latest.

The second "vampire chronicles movie" with Stuart Townsend and Aaliyah was loosely based on Anne Rice's second books and strayed much further from her story. At least the first one didn't (of course, she wrote the screenplay). They only changed one minor thing-Louis lost his brother, not his wife and child, and that is what sent him into depression.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:33 AM   #9
Zo zo's mom

OH, Twilight stayed very close to the book also. They added a couple of things and compressed a couple others, but the main part of the story was done very well.

The next book turned movie I want to see is Harry Potter (if it ever gets released).
Old 01-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
maltchimom
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo zo's mom View Post

My 17 year old son said he would never go see it but his girlfriend talked him into it--- amazing what they will do to make us happy huh!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
luvmypets
Maltese Admirer

I've read all 4 books of the Twilight Series and loved them, I have not seen the movie yet but I will be next week when I am on holidays, I will be taking my 2 boys to see it.
Thanks for the tip on the Anne Rice books, I will be looking them up.
I think Twilight has got me started on an interest in Vampire books.
I know Nora Roberts has written a trilogy series on Vampires, has anyone read these? And if so were they any good?
luvmypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #12
Zo zo's mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmypets View Post
I've read all 4 books of the Twilight Series and loved them, I have not seen the movie yet but I will be next week when I am on holidays, I will be taking my 2 boys to see it.
Thanks for the tip on the Anne Rice books, I will be looking them up.
I think Twilight has got me started on an interest in Vampire books.
I know Nora Roberts has written a trilogy series on Vampires, has anyone read these? And if so were they any good?
I haven't read Nora Roberts either...I will have to look that one up.

For the Twilight fans that don't know, there is a draft called Midnight Sun that is Twilight from Edward's perspective. You can find it on the authro's website. I didn't read that it was an incomplete draft so I want to warn you that it isn't finished, but I enjoyed reading it just as well anyway. I also read New Moon over the weekend and will start Eclipse tonight.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #13
Heather70732
Maltese Talker

I agree book is alot better I was hooked after the first one
Heather70732 is offline   Reply With Quote