MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #16
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Coco's~Mommy* View Post
Sorry all I haven't been on for a while but Alex's ear infection got even worse even with the antibiotics he's getting, so taking care of him takes most of my time...

Today we went back at the Doctor and they gave him some stronger antibiotics...hopefully they will do the job...His cheeks are sooooooooo bright red and he's got a temperature!

All I want is for this to go away now because on the 4th of December we need to go to Birmingham Childern's Hospital so Alex can have an MRI scan...(and they won't do it if he's like this...) because they need to put him to sleep. We'll be there all day long....

I'll update again soon!!!

BTW you must all think I am such a sad person, because ever since I came here all I did was complain!!! I am in fact a very happy person so hopefully after all of THIS is over you'll see that side of me too!

Thanks for everything
I NEVER EVER ONCE thought you to be a sad person at all. Sounds like you are just having a rough time of it right now. I've had some rough patches in my lifetime. It's great to be able to talk about it and get support and I hope you have had that on this forum.

I'm sooooooo sorry to hear that Alex did not get better.........sounds like he is still very very sick. I surely hope that the new antibiotics work and you see some improvement in him soon! Wishing you and your family the best!!!!

And I know you must be very busy.........so thanks for taking the time to update us!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:47 AM   #17
omega
Donating MT 5000 Club Member

Your poor little guy! I'm sorry he is not better yet. Why does he need an MRI?
omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #18
Miss Melanie
Donating MT 2000 Club Member

I am so sorry Alex has not shown improvement yet. Poor lil guy, his body really must be in turmoil.

I also know this must be VERY wearing on your family.

God bless you all!
Old 11-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #19
Vylula
Donating MT 1000 Club Member

I am late on all this and just got caught up. Your poor little guy! Give him hugs and kisses from all the MT'ers and I just know he will get better soon!

I am glad you found that better doctor that at least steered you in the right direction. That other doctor ought to be shot.

Lisa
Vylula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:48 AM   #20
Tcarnagie
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Sorry all I haven't been on for a while but Alex's ear infection got even worse even with the antibiotics he's getting, so taking care of him takes most of my time...

Today we went back at the Doctor and they gave him some stronger antibiotics...hopefully they will do the job...His cheeks are sooooooooo bright red and he's got a temperature!

All I want is for this to go away now because on the 4th of December we need to go to Birmingham Childern's Hospital so Alex can have an MRI scan...(and they won't do it if he's like this...) because they need to put him to sleep. We'll be there all day long....

I'll update again soon!!!

BTW you must all think I am such a sad person, because ever since I came here all I did was complain!!! I am in fact a very happy person so hopefully after all of THIS is over you'll see that side of me too!

Thanks for everything
I sure hope Alex gets better soon. My son kept ear infections from the age of 6 weeks until he was 8 months and they had to do tubes in his ears. I remember those days and it was horrible. Before the age of 5 he ended up have 5 sets of tubes put in his ears and surgery to take out his adenoids. My heart goes out to you....I know what it is like to have a sick baby when meds won't do anything.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #21
*Coco's~Mommy*
Donating Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
Your poor little guy! I'm sorry he is not better yet. Why does he need an MRI?
Awww thank you... We are going in on thursday for an MRI because in may I discovered a lump on his temple(head) and they kept doing tests and they think it's an epidermoid tumor. But they can't tell for sure so he'll have an MRI scan to see if it is that because it might grow inside his skull and damage his brain in the adult life...Sooo please keep fingers crossed it's nothing that bad!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #22
Miss Melanie

Quote:
Awww thank you... We are going in on thursday for an MRI because in may I discovered a lump on his temple(head) and they kept doing tests and they think it's an epidermoid tumor. But they can't tell for sure so he'll have an MRI scan to see if it is that because it might grow inside his skull and damage his brain in the adult life...Sooo please keep fingers crossed it's nothing that bad!!!
Thank you for the update. I certainly will say an extra prayer tonight and in the morning for your whole family.

God bless you all.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 PM   #23
maltchimom
Maltese Authority

Praying that everything turns out OK. It is so hard to have a little one sick.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #24
omega

Arrow

Thoughts and prayers are still needed for Maria and Alex and family. They are still waiting for the results of the MRI and I believe Alex is still in the hospital.

There is a larger thread on YT where Maria updates as she is able to.

Thanks everyone.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #25
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
Thoughts and prayers are still needed for Maria and Alex and family. They are still waiting for the results of the MRI and I believe Alex is still in the hospital.

There is a larger thread on YT where Maria updates as she is able to.

Thanks everyone.
Thanks for the update Teri. Please tell her we are all thinking of her and praying for a speedy recovery and healthy little boy.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #26
omega

They get to come home tomorrow. Alex is doing better but they don't know what made him sick and they still don't have the MRI results.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #27
LilPosh
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

I am keeping her family in my thoughts! I hope everything turns out ok!

Thanks for the update. I can't keep up with all the threads over there!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:36 AM   #28
bek74
Donating MT 4.000 Club Member

Quote:
Alex was taken by ambulance to hospital a couple weeks ago and Now it seems like what he's got that time, came back.
Ever since saturday morning Alex(my skin baby-almost 10 months old)) stopped eating his milk and yesterday(sunday) he stopped drinking his lucolate...(the special drink that kept him hydrated)

Well we've been at the hospital on sunday and the doctor said it's just a cold so you can go home, cause we can't do nothing...He said he will eat eventually...WHAT AN IDIOT!!! And I was a bigger IDIOT that I listened to him. He didn't even gave me any advice of what to do if he doesn't eat or ANYTHING!!! I THINK HE WAS IN A HURRY TO HAVE HIS LUNCH BREAK!!!!!!!!!

I have an appointment today in an hour to see his GP and thery said Alex might need to go to the hospital and they might put him on a drip!!! I haven't slept now for 4 days, because he was quite poorly since thursday!!! Please keep Alex in your prayers!!! We could use every single one right now!

BTW Today I will make a complaint about that STUPID doctor!!!
Oh honey, the horrors of children, My eldest had vomiting and the runs when he was about the 6mths and was in hospital for over a week.
My middle son couldn't feed and was in hospital for the first 3mths of his life, I think he was only home for a total of 3wks during that time.

I feel your pain and worry and remember those sleepless nights at the hospital. Your son and you are in my thoughts. I hope he is better soon.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Old 01-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #29
Kanga

Oh gosh I am sorry to read this I just received your xmas card with a picture of your gorgeous baby on it. ((hugs)) and positive thoughts going out to you and your baby
Old 01-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #30
Tucker'sMom
Donating Maltese Talker

(((you))) (((Alex))) I hope things can turn around for you all.