MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
omega
Donating MT 5000 Club Member

Arrow Florida residents!!!

My son has been wanting to live in FL for awhile now. He is wanting to come down and live for a year or so. He was thinking about the Orlando area. He visited down there on his senior trip a couple years ago and loved it.

Do you guys have some suggestions as far as a good safe place to live? Any tips on finding an affordable apartment? Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated.

He would like to leave as soon as he gets some more money saved up. Oh to be young again.....

Thanks!
omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #2
Tcarnagie
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

From what I understand, Orlando is an expensive area to live in.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #3
mia's mom
Donating MT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
My son has been wanting to live in FL for awhile now. He is wanting to come down and live for a year or so. He was thinking about the Orlando area. He visited down there on his senior trip a couple years ago and loved it.

Do you guys have some suggestions as far as a good safe place to live? Any tips on finding an affordable apartment? Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated.

He would like to leave as soon as he gets some more money saved up. Oh to be young again.....

Thanks!
My brother lived in Winter Haven and loved it until he got remarried and moved. I can send you apartment guides if you want.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia's mom View Post
My brother lived in Winter Haven and loved it until he got remarried and moved. I can send you apartment guides if you want.
That would be great. Any info that would help him would be wonderful. He's been looking at a lot of places online, but you just never know... I have found it's better to hear from people who actually live there, you know?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
mia's mom
Donating MT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
That would be great. Any info that would help him would be wonderful. He's been looking at a lot of places online, but you just never know... I have found it's better to hear from people who actually live there, you know?
I'll get some out to you. Orlando isn't that bad actually if you don't live in Orlando but in the outskirts it's way cheaper than Miami.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
Miss Melanie
Donating MT 2000 Club Member

COUGH, COUGH, hmmm JUST your son?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #7
omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Melanie View Post
COUGH, COUGH, hmmm JUST your son?
LOL. You are SO funny. Yes, just my son... BUT... if he actually does make it down there (which he seems determined to do) I may just have to come down and visit him - I don't think I could go a year or longer without seeing my boy. If I did come to visit him.... you know what that means.... MT FL party time!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #8
Tcarnagie
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
LOL. You are SO funny. Yes, just my son... BUT... if he actually does make it down there (which he seems determined to do) I may just have to come down and visit him - I don't think I could go a year or longer without seeing my boy. If I did come to visit him.... you know what that means.... MT FL party time!!!!!!
Come to Texas...Me and Nat can party also.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
omega

Hmmm. Could you and Nat come to FL????

Ok you Florida peeps... I need more info for my son. Like bad areas to stay away from around Orlando... if you know any web sites he could check into, how about FL laws that may be different than ours? Say like driving laws, cars, etc....

I cracked up last night when my oldest son said that his bro couldn't drive his truck into FL cause they don't allow cars with rust in their state.

Yeah, so ANY info would be great cause we really don't know the first thing about what to look for...

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #10
omega

Now I know you FL gals know more than you are letting on here.

Tell me the places my boy should stay AWAY from. He wants to leave in a couple of months so he has to find out some info pretty quick.

Is there another way I could find stuff out?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:15 AM   #11
Morkie4
Donating Member

Well, Teri, it's like this! Orlando is a very expensive place to live. My sil and daughter were going to move from here ther since he works at Disney World and the drive is an hour 40 minutes but the housing was just not affordable. But I will try to find out some information for the neighboring areas. That is a really fast growing area and of course a lot of the apartment type areas in Orlando rent out to tourists so they aren't cheap. We'll see what we can come up with. I'll hop to it!!!! The problem is that Orlando is BIG and I'm not really familiar with the area as to what is "safe" or not so safe...........but if you do a google of "apartments in Orlando, Florida" . . . . . . . you can get quite a few apts. $500 or above.

Last edited by Morkie4; 01-08-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Morkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:03 AM   #12
omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Well, Teri, it's like this! Orlando is a very expensive place to live. My sil and daughter were going to move from here ther since he works at Disney World and the drive is an hour 40 minutes but the housing was just not affordable. But I will try to find out some information for the neighboring areas. That is a really fast growing area and of course a lot of the apartment type areas in Orlando rent out to tourists so they aren't cheap. We'll see what we can come up with. I'll hop to it!!!! The problem is that Orlando is BIG and I'm not really familiar with the area as to what is "safe" or not so safe...........but if you do a google of "apartments in Orlando, Florida" . . . . . . . you can get quite a few apts. $500 or above.
Thanks! He is just turning 20 next month and I know he needs help finding the right area and maybe even a place to live.... 20 is so young, even if they think they know everything. It's hard to move to new state when you don't know anyone there.

He just gave me more money this morning to hang onto for him and he was telling me all things he has to do before he can go. Sounds like he is really serious... I may have to have a couple of you moms down there keep an eye on him for me to make sure he is ok.