MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > Maltese Products & Reviews

Old 02-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

harnesses?

Any one have recommendations on a brand of harness they love? We have the basic thin strap step in ones. I'm not overally thrilled with them. They work but still the hook for the leash slides to the side instead of staying center. They are a pain to put on. And I'm sure there are more comfortable ones out there.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #2
Morkie4
Donating Member

No clue. I have some silk harnesses I purchased a long time ago but honestly I seldom use them so wouldn't even know where to begin with suggestions.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:32 PM   #3
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

I don't have the step in ones. Most of the time I use the harness vest when we take Charlie with us. I bought this one from Foo Foo Fido. I like it because it does not use velcro. The 2 other ones I have don't have a brand name on them.

https://foofoofido.com/
Old 02-10-2018, 05:13 AM   #4
JanG
Maltese Authority

I bought a couple on eBay that I really like and even my impatient DH can put them on the dogs. They're the step-in kind but soft without that buckle that always ends up in the arm pit!

https://www.ebay.com/p/Top-Paw-Easy-...958&opts=opick

They're kind of pricey for what they are but the lady at the above link worked with me to get the right fit for both Teddy and Fiona. I think we got the extra small for both of them which I understand isn't made any longer but she found a couple for us. Now that I have one, I think I can make my own to fit exactly.

Oh, you can't leave the harness on easily as they can get out of it. Fortunately, neither of ours will mess with it while on leash.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #5
Emma's Mama
Maltese Authority

Olivia has inherited tons of harnesses from Emma. We have Lil Pals, Lulu Pink, Yellow Dog Design, just to name a few. I prefer the step-in ones. She also has lots of harness vests/dresses - the mesh Doggie Design harness vests are nice for warm weather.
Emma's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #6
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Thanks for the suggestions to get me started looking. Step in is fine if it is more of a vest. The thin leash type ones are just a pain because I can never get them on without being crooked somewhere. Need escape proof - Bentley managed to come completely out of his on our hike yesterday. I like the idea of the mesh ones for hotter days.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
Mumbi
MT Newbie

I only get harnesses that are adjustable since a maltese can be much smaller than the standard XS, XXS or XXS sold in stores. Below are some harnesses I have used.
Lil Pals - Comfort Wrap harness is super easy to get on and easily adjusts from 8" up to 14" in length. Other colors available. You can get it online or at Pet Supplies Plus or other local pet stores

ChokeFree™ Vel Pro Mesh from puttinonthedogshop.com - extra small and small fits most dogs. Cons - the velcro can be annoying when used with longer coats. They have a microfiber lead that I will be trying that might be better for longer coats.
Mumbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #8
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
Foo Foo Fido.

Sorry, cracked me up.