MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-31-2018, 03:13 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Haha technology

Haha technology. For once I WIN. Twice! We have carted off all our old outdated technology from the attic and various rooms in the house (nondigital TVs, old speakers, old receivers that played cassettes, phones, etc) to the recycle center. So that meant out game room had no TV or music. (It didn't last year either even though there was "stuff" there) We don't really watch TV in the game room. But if company is over and we are shooting pool it is nice to be able to have the TV or some music. But since cable has gone to you have to have a box for each TV and you pay for each TV that you connect there was no way I was paying cable fee for that room. So I got a 24 inch TV and an indoor HD antenna. I figured out how to hook it up and we pull in the major networks on it, plus a couple of others. Good enough. Our surround sound TV/music is downstairs. Doesn't solve upstairs. Hubby and I both have iPods. Hubby's is a classic (no blue tooth). Did some research and JBL has a portable speaker that you can connect ipods to. I've been wanting one of those anyway to tote outside when we have fires or yard games. Had to figure out how to connect hubby's ipod cause he doesn't like most of my play lists (too much new country mixed in for him). Well went to Best Buy and bought the speaker. Confirmed you could connect the classic iPods. Dude didn't tell me I would need 1 extra connector that is not included. Got home, instructions were AWFUL. Basically it showed the buttons on the speaker and connection ports but no explanations. Big help - I see the buttons! Connecting the usb connector charged the ipod but no music. No where did it explain how to connect the music. After doing a lot of googling, I figured out what I needed. We have a box of odds and ends electronic cords/connectors/etc. Once in a while it comes in handy but usually not. Well today it did. Last thing I pulled out was what I needed. Yay me. (Hubby never would have figured it out - he hates technology). Just in time. We are having a big Super Bowl party Sunday.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:24 PM   #2
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Good for you girl!! There is no way I could do that.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:37 AM   #3
Morkie4
Donating Member

Wow, I'm impressed Diane!!!!! I'm with Cheryl, I would never figured that out. I'm not tech savvy at all. My hubby had to type out a paper of instructions on how room work the TV, the sound system, radio, video, etc.

I love what the hubby did when we built the house with the sound system. Speakers in every room and on the lani. So nice to clean house to the beat of the Beachboys.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:51 AM   #4
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Wow, I'm impressed Diane!!!!! I'm with Cheryl, I would never figured that out. I'm not tech savvy at all. My hubby had to type out a paper of instructions on how room work the TV, the sound system, radio, video, etc.

I love what the hubby did when we built the house with the sound system. Speakers in every room and on the lani. So nice to clean house to the beat of the Beachboys.
Hubby can't even handle the all in one remote - he messes it up and tosses it to me to fix. That's a sweet sound system you have in your house! I had to get my sons to set up ours in the family room.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #5
JanG
Maltese Authority

My DH hates technology too and I usually do what you did to get things to work. I constantly tell people that with an internet connection and a good search engine, you can fix most anything!

Congratulations on reaching your objectives!!!!
Old 02-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Took us some time to get accustomed to the all in one remote. When we changed our TV in the living room we bought it from a place that does the surround sound installation because it had to be plugged in to the receiver for the sound to go to the speakers in the ceiling and patio, the Dish box, the DVD player and make the remote work.
I have a Bose radio/cd player in the guest room that I use to do my ironing. I never lesson to music on my iPhone or iPad.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #7
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
Took us some time to get accustomed to the all in one remote. When we changed our TV in the living room we bought it from a place that does the surround sound installation because it had to be plugged in to the receiver for the sound to go to the speakers in the ceiling and patio, the Dish box, the DVD player and make the remote work.
I have a Bose radio/cd player in the guest room that I use to do my ironing. I never lesson to music on my iPhone or iPad.
We use the iPods a lot. My car has an usb input for it. Our downstairs main TV with surround sound does as well. That works great even without Bluetooth. However, newer technology assumes everything has Bluetooth. Ugh. I just don't buy the "newest" just to have it like the kids do. My philosophy is if it ain't broke, don't mess with it. Makes it "interesting" when you try to pair old technology (even if it's only a couple of years old) with new technology. They don't make it easy - I think it's on purpose to get you to buy the new just to avoid the hassle.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #8
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

After my experience with my mouse and bluetooth I am no friend with bluetooth. I have 2 brand new bluetooth mice in a box. Not counting the number of hours I spend with Dell trying to troubleshoot. It annoyed me sooo much that I went out and bought a wireless cheap mouse at Walmart. No problem with this one.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:06 AM   #9
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
After my experience with my mouse and bluetooth I am no friend with bluetooth. I have 2 brand new bluetooth mice in a box. Not counting the number of hours I spend with Dell trying to troubleshoot. It annoyed me sooo much that I went out and bought a wireless cheap mouse at Walmart. No problem with this one.
LOL. Expensive and Brand Name doesn't always mean better.