MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-07-2017, 07:33 AM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Concert

My "I don't like country music" hubby got us tickets to the Zac Brown Band concert last night. Total surprise - never thought I'd get him to go to a country concert. Good concert! The weather was incredible. We have a large open-air amphitheater here and all summer long (into early fall) there are big name concerts held. It was a sell-out crowd (around 23, 000 I think). I really like Zac Brown Band's versatility with their style of music. Influences from Jimmy Buffet, Allman Brothers, rock, blue grass, etc. At one point, hubby turned to me and said 'that sounds like a Jimmy Buffet song'. LOL. After the concert, I asked hubby if he survived the experience and he said yes. He even admitted he liked the band. So now I'm plotting one new band each concert season.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

I like Country Music, but the old not the new. Don't know this band. We don't lessen to music at home. In the car we have Sirius and it set to the Willie Nelson chanel who plays old country.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:20 PM   #3
Tebow's Mom

It's new country. I don't like old country. LOL. I used to like top 40/pop/rock but I can't stand what that has changed to and new country is closer to what I used to like. You can hear the country influence and the country instruments like fiddles. Zac Brown Band members are really good musicians though. They can easily play a lot of different genres. For example, I don't listen to blue grass on the radio or download on to my iTunes but I enjoy hearing musicians playing blue grass live. Some of their music has blue grass influence some has steel drums, some has good guitar solos. They did a guitar stand off between a couple of band members at the end and it was really cool.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Well, I'm glad you gals like either the old or the new, because this girl doesn't like country at all. I'll listen to it if I have to, but it's not my cup of tea.
I'm a good old rock n roll girl....give me the 50's and 60's.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
Tebow's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
Well, I'm glad you gals like either the old or the new, because this girl doesn't like country at all. I'll listen to it if I have to, but it's not my cup of tea.
I'm a good old rock n roll girl....give me the 50's and 60's.
Oh I like that too. And 70's, 80's and 90's. After that not so much! I just started listening to new country several years ago....and there was a melody and I could understand the words! Not into rap or the current pop/rock whatever they call it these days.