MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
omega
Donating MT 5000 Club Member

Porch Talk

Hey everyone.... pull up your rocker on the porch, sit down and have a chat.

This thread is intended to be kind of like a chat room, only not. We can keep coming back here every day to talk... about most anything.... our families, our dogs, our jobs, share recipes... you get the picture.

The important thing is to come and sit a spell often! Yes, if no one else is around, you can talk to yourself here, too.

So.... welcome to the Porch!!!!!

Last edited by Morkie4; 08-03-2009 at 04:31 PM.
omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
omega

Cool

Now, with that being said, I have to leave and get a couple of errands done.

Be good!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
Tcarnagie
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

That's funny...you start this thread and leave so you don't have to start the first topic.

Let's start out discussing dogs and poop!!! I am so tired of see dog poop I want to scream!!! Missy and Lola have been eating Canidae food and never had any problems until this week. I guess this new bag if from when they changed their formula and now I have 2 dogs with diarrhea and one dog who thinks it's neat to eat some of the poop. YUCK!!!!

I think I need to let calgon take me away for a few days.

My next topic is going to be barking and kids. Bring coffee or a strong drink for that one.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Ashley V
Donating MT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarnagie View Post
That's funny...you start this thread and leave so you don't have to start the first topic.

Let's start out discussing dogs and poop!!! I am so tired of see dog poop I want to scream!!! Missy and Lola have been eating Canidae food and never had any problems until this week. I guess this new bag if from when they changed their formula and now I have 2 dogs with diarrhea and one dog who thinks it's neat to eat some of the poop. YUCK!!!!

My next topic is going to be barking and kids. Bring coffee or a strong drink for that one.
Chip is out of the poop eating phase after I "sweetened" the pups food with pineapple and I thought Smokey was good too but boy was I wrong... instead of eating his own, he eats Chip's poop. It's pleasant, really... lol

And yesterday I put Smokey's gentle leader on Chip... he was NOT happy with mommy. He had his ears pinned back, his head was down, then he flopped his whole body down and sighed. He was not a happy puppy.... but he's so just so cute when he's being dramatic!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:

Giving them a couple tablespoons of PURE 100% pumpkin will stop the diarrhea.......works like a charm!!! I always keep pumpkin in my freezer in little tiny plops for the pups. Usually only takes one plop to fix the problem. Mine were eating each others' poop but then suddenly stopped.......man am I glad!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
plumie

OMG... dont even get me started with dogs and poop.

Even since our fence are down. We have neighbor's dog coming over and poop in our back yard. OMG..I wonder what kind of food they feed them. My gosh.. their hugh like texas size
but they're nice dogs though.. one is a rottweiler mix and the other one is also a mix. Both are outside dog.. but they're not chain.. thank goodness!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #7
Tcarnagie

Some days I feel like all I do is pick up S--T and feed dogs....and when that is not bad enough JASPER wants to help clean up Missy's poop. It only started this week since she is on her cycle right now, so hopefully it will not be an ongoing thing. I have started adding pineapple to the big dogs food since that is where I am see the problem.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #8
JesBred
Inactive Account

I am so glad neither of our dogs ever ate poop *knock on wood* mitzy won't poop in the grass though she poops on the porch for mom to clean up.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #9
Ashley V
Donating MT 2000 Club Member

Thankfully for me, Chip loooooves pineapple... Smokey could care less.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #10
omega

Quote:

I may sound like a broken record here.. but the Slippery Elm Bark Powder works wonders for runny poop, upset tummies and intestinal tract stress. Since it is a powder, it keeps very well and the dogs bodies seem to be able to absorb and utilize it very well. That is one thing that will always be in my first aid for doggies!

As for the coffee or drink... depends on the time of day.

Forget calgon... take yourself away for a day!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #11
omega

Quote:
Some days I feel like all I do is pick up S--T and feed dogs....and when that is not bad enough JASPER wants to help clean up Missy's poop. It only started this week since she is on her cycle right now, so hopefully it will not be an ongoing thing. I have started adding pineapple to the big dogs food since that is where I am see the problem.
Not to make light of your dilemma, but it reminds me of some days when my kids were small and it seemed like ALL there was on some days was poop and vomit.

So, Missy is in heat?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #12
omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumie View Post
OMG... dont even get me started with dogs and poop.

Even since our fence are down. We have neighbor's dog coming over and poop in our back yard. OMG..I wonder what kind of food they feed them. My gosh.. their hugh like texas size
but they're nice dogs though.. one is a rottweiler mix and the other one is also a mix. Both are outside dog.. but they're not chain.. thank goodness!

I thought EVERYTHING was supposed to be bigger and better in TX!!!! If the dogs are eating a crappy kibble diet, their poop WILL be gigantic.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #13
omega

To add a more upbeat post here... since mine have been on the prey model raw diet, their poop is sooooooo tiny. I mean, REALLY tiny. It's so nice. If you don't want to clean up the poop that day, within a couple of days, it turns to white powder and goes away.

Now, there are ways they can get cannon butt, but we do try very hard to avoid those things.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #14
plumie

TMI !!

can we make a post about weigh loss?..hehe
I need some kind of motivation here.

want to go on vacation next year and need to lose atleast 30 lbs..
Old 10-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #15
LilPosh

Quote:
Looks like Jasper and Posh have something in common! Everytime Diddy goes to poo, there is Posh at his butt with her mouth open. She won't even let it hit the floor.