MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #31
mia's mom
Donating MT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
Are you serious????? I didn't think a man existed any more that was that considerate!!!!

Believe me he isn't perfect and I think he is making up for all the years he was a donkey if you get my meaning.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #32
Tcarnagie
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia's mom View Post
Believe me he isn't perfect and I think he is making up for all the years he was a donkey if you get my meaning.
Better late than never.

I am giving him credit....he is trying and that is very rare among the male species.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #33
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Quote:
I may sound like a broken record here.. but the Slippery Elm Bark Powder works wonders for runny poop, upset tummies and intestinal tract stress. Since it is a powder, it keeps very well and the dogs bodies seem to be able to absorb and utilize it very well. That is one thing that will always be in my first aid for doggies!

As for the coffee or drink... depends on the time of day.

Forget calgon... take yourself away for a day!!!!
Where do you get the Slippery Elm Bark Powder?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #34
omega
Donating MT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
Where do you get the Slippery Elm Bark Powder?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250252601717
That is the link from where I got mine on e-bay.
Let me know if it works or not....
I got 4 packs of it plus the free sample of the herb to make tea for humans.
omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #35
omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia's mom View Post
Loud and clear! LOL.gif

thumbs up 3.gif to your hubby!!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #36
omega

Cool

gosh, it's only 12:30 here and everyone is gone!!!!! confused 3.gif

There are no mosquitos out here on the porch... the moon is shining... no critters creeping around... the temp is a balmy 50 degrees or so.

Ok, on to the losing weight.
In order to lose weight we simply must consume less calories and exercise more. What could be more simple???? eek2.gif Right.

So.... I am going to try and get out for a longish walk every day for the next two weeks. I know it's not long but I have to take it in small increments. The weather is great for walking and goodness knows, the dogs can use it too.

Now, I can be accountable to you guys, but NO NAGGING allowed!!

I really must stop talking to myself late at night. Everything sounds so nice and easy till I get up the next day......
Old 10-03-2008, 02:53 AM   #37
Tcarnagie

Quote:
gosh, it's only 12:30 here and everyone is gone!!!!! Attachment 13311

There are no mosquitos out here on the porch... the moon is shining... no critters creeping around... the temp is a balmy 50 degrees or so.

In order to lose weight we simply must consume less calories and exercise more. What could be more simple???? Attachment 13312 Right.

So.... I am going to try and get out for a longish walk every day for the next two weeks. I know it's not long but I have to take it in small increments. The weather is great for walking and goodness knows, the dogs can use it too.

I really must stop talking to myself late at night. Everything sounds so nice and easy till I get up the next day......
Walks are a great way to start exercising....just don't over do it with your foot. You don't need a set back there. What about riding your bike...would that be better for your foot?

Listen to me trying to give advice about exercising...the only thing I do is run to the computer.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:29 AM   #38
plumie

Quote:
gosh, it's only 12:30 here and everyone is gone!!!!! Attachment 13311

In order to lose weight we simply must consume less calories and exercise more. What could be more simple???? Attachment 13312 Right.

your so funny Teri

Sorry i went to bed very early last night.
NOw i'm up by myself.. guesss that what happened when you sleep to darn early..hehe
1178854awjqf23n6n.gif
Old 10-03-2008, 05:27 AM   #39
Morkie4
Donating Member

Well, I started a diet 12/07 and have lost 22 pounds as of 09/08...........I stopped eating chocolate by the pound (of course I still eat chocolate but not the whole box/bag), reduced the amount of pasta (I "LOVE" pasta) and I no longer eat bread. Hubby joined me on the diet and that made it a whole lot easier.........he lost 15 pounds but he didn't have as much to lose as me! LOL

I bought a treadmill because it is just tooooooo hot in Florida no matter what time of day to walk any distance. But sad to say, I haven't used it as regular as I should!

THAT'S where I need some encouragment.............to get me back on that treadmill and work out regurlarly!!!

PS: Nice tag Maggie!!! Roger did good!!! But, You deserve it!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:54 AM   #40
Ashley V
Donating MT 2000 Club Member

A lot of meds that I have to be on for my health cause weight gain... now I'm a really tiny person and come from a tiny built family. I now weigh more than both my grandmother and my aunt and they are both 3-4 inches taller than me. Most of the weight went into the rump (lol) and my thighs, which I don't mind because now it's easier to buy pants, but the rest of it went into my tummy. I don't mind being this size, really, I just need to get in shape. I need to start exercising, but I have no motivation.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:52 AM   #41
omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarnagie View Post
Walks are a great way to start exercising....just don't over do it with your foot. You don't need a set back there. What about riding your bike...would that be better for your foot?

Listen to me trying to give advice about exercising...the only thing I do is run to the computer.
Oh crap! I forgot about my foot. GGGRRR. I can't NOT walk forever. I'm tired of waiting for this darn thing to heal.

Yes, I should be riding my bike.... I don't have a pump for the tires and they are flat... I was out twice the past couple of days and didn't even think to get one.

I THOUGHT I was getting enough execise with getting up and down, up and down from the computer. I get up to put movies in, to get something to eat, something to drink, to take care of dogs... up and down all day. It just isn't working for me.

Congrats Carol!!!! You're doing a great job. I'm really glad to hear you haven't given up chocolate all together. My son's fiance LOVES pasta, too. Really LOVES it.... she is trying to not eat so much now, too.

It's just not fair that losing weight is SO much harder than putting it on.

Yep, meds can make a difference in losing weight, too. Some of them can really mess you up so you have to figure out how to get around that. Bummer.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:55 AM   #42
Darlin Beauxs
Donating Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcarnagie View Post
That's funny...you start this thread and leave so you don't have to start the first topic.

Let's start out discussing dogs and poop!!! I am so tired of see dog poop I want to scream!!! Missy and Lola have been eating Canidae food and never had any problems until this week. I guess this new bag if from when they changed their formula and now I have 2 dogs with diarrhea and one dog who thinks it's neat to eat some of the poop. YUCK!!!!

I think I need to let calgon take me away for a few days.

My next topic is going to be barking and kids. Bring coffee or a strong drink for that one.
I feel you on this one. when I had 2 dogs I never noticed it, but with 3 dogs it seems like a chunk of my day is spent, scooping poop from the yard, scooping poop from the litter box because Baxter will poop in the box even though the doggie door is open . Wiping poopie butts, or worse, cleaning the carpet after they cleaned their own butts . Oh well, even with the poop issues, I wouldn't trade them for the world.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #43
LilPosh

Good job Carol! That is great that your hubby joined you. It does make it easier if someone else is there to support you!

I asked my boss if I could get one of those treadmill desks and replace my regular desk. He just looked at me like I was a nut

I have no room in my house for any exercise equipment and wish I did!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #44
omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPosh View Post
Good job Carol! That is great that your hubby joined you. It does make it easier if someone else is there to support you!

I asked my boss if I could get one of those treadmill desks and replace my regular desk. He just looked at me like I was a nut

I have no room in my house for any exercise equipment and wish I did!
LOL. I saw a show on the news about those treadmill desks stations. It looks like a wonderful idea!!! I kind of wish I had a treadmill instead of the elliptical so I could rig something up. Gosh, just think of the amount of exercise I would get with all the time I am online. Plus my dogs could walk with me, one at a time.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #45
omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlin Beauxs View Post
I feel you on this one. when I had 2 dogs I never noticed it, but with 3 dogs it seems like a chunk of my day is spent, scooping poop from the yard, scooping poop from the litter box because Baxter will poop in the box even though the doggie door is open . Wiping poopie butts, or worse, cleaning the carpet after they cleaned their own butts . Oh well, even with the poop issues, I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Funny you guys should be mentioning this.... this morning I had to give Tinka a bath.... it was easier than just washing her tuschy.