MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Back home from long vacation

My husband and I left Dec. 26th from home and just got back home this past Thursday. That's right, we were gone for 3 months.
We had a good driving experience going out to AZ. There was no snow, not even in IL when we left, and didn't see any snow till we got to Flagstaff, AZ! We were just southwest of Phoenix in a gated community.
Just 2 days there, my husband went to the urgent care and the next day to the ER. He had severe bronchitis and needed a breathing treatment.
Two weeks later we drove to Las Vegas to meet family for 4 days. I didn't do much walking, even with the walker I was in pain.
From there we drove to CA and stayed for 5 weeks with family. We did Universal Studios, DisneyLand & California Adventure. Took all day to walk around with the walker, had to make many stops, but I made it.
My husband and I did the TCM Movie Bus Tour and the Paramount Studios Tour.
For the most part the weather was fine for me, but we were there when the rain storms hit CA and the flooding was horrible, but we were ok.
We spent a weekend in Palm Springs with the family and was very nice.
We drove back to AZ from there and this time it was my turn to visit the ER. I had laryngitis, pharnisgitis and viral respiratory infection. And on top of that my sinus' started up and I had trouble with breathing, my cheek bones hurt, jaw hurt and the cough was non-stop. Do you dare ask....was I having fun yet?....no.
Then we had 9 straight days of 90+ temps, my husband was in his glory, I was in agony along with my sickness.
When we left AZ, the first day driving was fine. The next 3 days were nerve wrecking. When I say we drove thru monsoon rain and my Santa Fe turned into the Santa Maria, I mean it!! But we made it home last Thursday.

It was our 1st time trying 3 months away from home, and having many medical issues, it was very hard, and thank goodness everyone was wonderful with me having to take my time and make many stops, but I am glad to be home. No matter what the weather was, my body can't handle the extreme heat (hot is hot, no matter what anybody says....and no, I would never get used to it), almost passing out, heavy sweats, extreme dry mouth, muscle pain everywhere plus the sickness' really took a toll, but I did have some fun.

Now back home the same pains are still here, plus the lower back pain, which makes walking and doing anything even harder and taking longer, I still have the same sweats, dry mouth, but I do have some time before the dreaded summer temps are here.

Will I do this again? Something to think about.

Last edited by MaxJack'sMom; 04-02-2017 at 02:40 PM.
MaxJack'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Wow ! so sorry that you were sick on your trip. That's not fun. 90 here in Arizona is not considered hot. Wish it were that way all year around. Love this time of the year when we have that kind of weather. I don't think I would go on a 3 months trip. I love my house and my comfort too much and don't want to be away from Charlie that long.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

We did have a wonderful house the whole time we were in AZ, a relative let us use it. I did miss Jack, lots, lots, lots, but going to LV and CA would have been too much with him along.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:21 PM   #4
Morkie4
Donating Member

Wow.....Wow......Wow!

Gotta tell ya, I love my heat and sunshine! Both hubby and I are home sweet home lovers. But then he is not retired......who knows how we will feel about travel when he does retire.