MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum



Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #31
organikmom
Maltese Authority
 
organikmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesBred View Post
MMMM that sounds good and easy.. my husband LOVES tequila so we might have to try this one
This sounds really easy and tasty!!!
__________________
Laurel, owned by Benny, and James Bond
organikmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #32
LuvMyMalt
Donating Maltese Expert
 
LuvMyMalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanadu'sMom View Post
Ok here is my meatball recipe..
Ground beef
2 eggs(If your making like 2 pounds of meat 2 eggs is good 3 pds I would use 3 eggs )
Parsley (Cut up fine )
Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese)Like 2 handfuls
I don't use breadcrumbs, what I do is let the Italian bread get a little hard, then I pull out the white part, soak it in milk or water let it get soft and make it into my own bread crumbs. Pull it apart and break it up like regular bread crumbs.
Salt, Pepper
Garlic (Chopped very fine)
I make the meatballs then I put some olive oil in the pain and get them a little brown then I put them directly into my sauce for like 20 or 25 minutes and they are done.
Simple, easy and delicious.
For sauce I use an onion some garlic, sauté it in olive oil then add my Pomi and Scalfani sauce then I add salt pepper and FRESH Basil , let it ccok a bit then add a pinch of sugar. It's delicious

http://www.pennmac.com/page/29/

Scalafani is available at Pathmark, shoprite
Hubby has been sick, but thanks again for adding this recipe for me - I can't wait to try it and will let you know how "the meat man" likes it
__________________
~~Reenie & Chloe Bijou~~
LuvMyMalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:50 AM   #33
Morkie4
Moderator
Donating Member
 
Morkie4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 40,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyMalt View Post
Hubby has been sick, but thanks again for adding this recipe for me - I can't wait to try it and will let you know how "the meat man" likes it
Hubby loves meatballs! Let me know what your man thinks of the receipe!
__________________
Morkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #34
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member
 
MaxJack'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Melrose Park, Ill
Posts: 8,149
Smile Cookie.......Poppers

Easy cookie to make and you just 'pop em' in your mouth!!!

Preheat oven to 250 degrees

Package of round or square pretzels
2 packages of rollo candies
2 packages of walnuts-halved

Place pretzels on cookie sheet. Unwrap rollo candy and place one rollo on top of each pretzel.
Put in oven for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes.
Take out and immediately place a halved walnut on top of rollo and slightly push down into candy.
Can place cookie sheet in frig to help cooling process.
When completely cooled, store in air tight container.
__________________
We do not have to wait for Heaven, it is here on Earth and has four legs
My life: a marathon, a jog, a walk (now) and the end will be a crawl.
MaxJack'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #35
Morkie4
Moderator
Donating Member
 
Morkie4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 40,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
Easy cookie to make and you just 'pop em' in your mouth!!!

Preheat oven to 250 degrees

Package of round or square pretzels
2 packages of rollo candies
2 packages of walnuts-halved

Place pretzels on cookie sheet. Unwrap rollo candy and place one rollo on top of each pretzel.
Put in oven for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes.
Take out and immediately place a halved walnut on top of rollo and slightly push down into candy.
Can place cookie sheet in frig to help cooling process.
When completely cooled, store in air tight container.
Sounds wonderfully delicious..........and fat free!!! What could be better! thanks Cheryl
__________________
Morkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #36
LuvMyMalt
Donating Maltese Expert
 
LuvMyMalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
Easy cookie to make and you just 'pop em' in your mouth!!!

Preheat oven to 250 degrees

Package of round or square pretzels
2 packages of rollo candies
2 packages of walnuts-halved

Place pretzels on cookie sheet. Unwrap rollo candy and place one rollo on top of each pretzel.
Put in oven for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes.
Take out and immediately place a halved walnut on top of rollo and slightly push down into candy.
Can place cookie sheet in frig to help cooling process.
When completely cooled, store in air tight container.
MMMMMM, Cheryl - sounds yummy! I love pretzels and chocolate together - thanks for contributing to the thread
__________________
~~Reenie & Chloe Bijou~~
LuvMyMalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #37
2morkies
Maltese Authority
 
2morkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 599
I figured out how to make the Balsamic chicken entree from BJ's resturant if anyone wants to make it. I orderd it the last time I was there....I just had to learn how to make it...it was so good. Balsamic chicken, parmesan mashed potatos, salad greens and crispy onions on top.
__________________
Muffin Boomer
2morkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:14 AM   #38
CinttisLuke
No Longer a Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,901
Oh god! everything here sounds YUMMY!!!
CinttisLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:51 AM   #39
Morkie4
Moderator
Donating Member
 
Morkie4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 40,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2morkies View Post
I figured out how to make the Balsamic chicken entree from BJ's resturant if anyone wants to make it. I orderd it the last time I was there....I just had to learn how to make it...it was so good. Balsamic chicken, parmesan mashed potatos, salad greens and crispy onions on top.
Sounds very interesting!!! I know Balsamic is a bit strong.......how strong does it come across in this receipe??? I love Balsamic so that isn't the problem but hubby isn't a fan of it........so how strong is it??
__________________
Morkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #40
2morkies
Maltese Authority
 
2morkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Sounds very interesting!!! I know Balsamic is a bit strong.......how strong does it come across in this receipe??? I love Balsamic so that isn't the problem but hubby isn't a fan of it........so how strong is it??
It's not very strong because you simmer it and add lemon juice, chicken broth, sugar or maple syrup and dijon mustard. It comes across sweeter than you'd think. It's so good. If you ever go to a BJ's resturant, I recommend ordering it
__________________
Muffin Boomer
2morkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:51 AM   #41
JiJi's Mom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member
 
JiJi's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2morkies View Post
It's not very strong because you simmer it and add lemon juice, chicken broth, sugar or maple syrup and dijon mustard. It comes across sweeter than you'd think. It's so good. If you ever go to a BJ's resturant, I recommend ordering it
I love BJ's restaurant, I will try it. Thanks!!
JiJi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #42
Morkie4
Moderator
Donating Member
 
Morkie4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 40,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2morkies View Post
It's not very strong because you simmer it and add lemon juice, chicken broth, sugar or maple syrup and dijon mustard. It comes across sweeter than you'd think. It's so good. If you ever go to a BJ's resturant, I recommend ordering it
I does sound yummy........so let's have the recipe and directions on how to make it, measurements, cooking time, etc.

We don't have a BJ's restaurant here so I'll have to take your word for it that it is DELICIOUS!!!
__________________
Morkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #43
LuvMyMalt
Donating Maltese Expert
 
LuvMyMalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 642
Thumbs up Peach & Blueberry Crisp - Soooo simple

Summer is here and the best time to make this crisp.....and no dough or pie shell

Peach Blueberry Crisp
Topping Filling
6 Tbs. flour
¼ cup packed light brown sugar 2 ½-3 lbs. blueberries, nectarines,
¼ cup granulated sugar peaches, pears of plums (6 cups)
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon 1 1/2 Tbs. quick tapioca
¼ tsp. nutmeg ¼ cup sugar
¼ tsp. salt 1 ½ Tbs. juice lemon juice
5 Tbs. unsalted butter cut 1/2” pieces ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
¾ cup pecans or almonds chopped

Mix topping ingredients in processor, then add chilled butter. Add nuts until crumbly. Do not over-process. Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.

Toss cut fruit, sugar, lemon juice, zest and tapioca in medium bowl.

Adjust oven rack to lower/medium position and heat at 375 degrees F. Put fruit in pie plate, top with chilled mixture. Bake 40 minutes. Increase to 400 degrees. Bake until fruit bubbles and topping is deep golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.

Best if refrigerated overnight to bring everything together, and enjoy!
__________________
~~Reenie & Chloe Bijou~~
LuvMyMalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #44
LuvMyMalt
Donating Maltese Expert
 
LuvMyMalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyMalt View Post
Summer is here and the best time to make this crisp.....and no dough or pie shell

Peach Blueberry Crisp
Topping Filling
6 Tbs. flour
¼ cup packed light brown sugar 2 ½-3 lbs. blueberries, nectarines,
¼ cup granulated sugar peaches, pears of plums (6 cups)
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon 1 1/2 Tbs. quick tapioca
¼ tsp. nutmeg ¼ cup sugar
¼ tsp. salt 1 ½ Tbs. juice lemon juice
5 Tbs. unsalted butter cut 1/2” pieces ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
¾ cup pecans or almonds chopped

Mix topping ingredients in processor, then add chilled butter. Add nuts until crumbly. Do not over-process. Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.

Toss cut fruit, sugar, lemon juice, zest and tapioca in medium bowl.

Adjust oven rack to lower/medium position and heat at 375 degrees F. Put fruit in pie plate, top with chilled mixture. Bake 40 minutes. Increase to 400 degrees. Bake until fruit bubbles and topping is deep golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.

Best if refrigerated overnight to bring everything together, and enjoy!

Sorry the spacing got mixed up - here is a readable substitution:

Summer is here and the best time to make this fruit crisp.....and no dough or pie shell

Peach Blueberry Crisp

Topping
6 Tbs. flour
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. salt
5 Tbs. unsalted butter cut 1/2” pieces
¾ cup pecans or almonds chopped

Filling
2 ½-3 lbs. blueberries, peaches (I use the blueberries and peaches), nectarines, pears or plums (6 cups total)
1 1/2 Tbs. quick tapioca
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ Tbs. juice lemon juice
½ tsp. grated lemon zest


Mix topping ingredients in processor, then add chilled butter. Add nuts until crumbly. Do not over-process. Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.

Toss cut fruit, sugar, lemon juice, zest and tapioca in medium bowl.

Adjust oven rack to lower/medium position and heat at 375 degrees F. Put fruit in pie plate, top with chilled mixture. Bake 40 minutes. Increase to 400 degrees. Bake until fruit bubbles and topping is deep golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.

Best if refrigerated overnight to bring everything together, and enjoy!
__________________
~~Reenie & Chloe Bijou~~
LuvMyMalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #45
CinttisLuke
No Longer a Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyMalt View Post
Sorry the spacing got mixed up - here is a readable substitution:

Summer is here and the best time to make this fruit crisp.....and no dough or pie shell

Peach Blueberry Crisp

Topping
6 Tbs. flour
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. salt
5 Tbs. unsalted butter cut 1/2” pieces
¾ cup pecans or almonds chopped

Filling
2 ½-3 lbs. blueberries, peaches (I use the blueberries and peaches), nectarines, pears or plums (6 cups total)
1 1/2 Tbs. quick tapioca
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ Tbs. juice lemon juice
½ tsp. grated lemon zest


Mix topping ingredients in processor, then add chilled butter. Add nuts until crumbly. Do not over-process. Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.

Toss cut fruit, sugar, lemon juice, zest and tapioca in medium bowl.

Adjust oven rack to lower/medium position and heat at 375 degrees F. Put fruit in pie plate, top with chilled mixture. Bake 40 minutes. Increase to 400 degrees. Bake until fruit bubbles and topping is deep golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.

Best if refrigerated overnight to bring everything together, and enjoy!


Mmmmm!!! Did you make it today??

Where do you live?
Can I go to your home and have a piece?

I'll take coffee
CinttisLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
recipes




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2005 - 2010 MalteseTalk.com