MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > Classifieds / Breeding / Showing > Maltese Dogs For Sale

Old 01-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #16
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

I would not call a fully grown Maltese of 3 lbs healthy. He might be healthy early on but down the road ?
Old 01-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #17
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Charts are not always right. My first Maltese was most of his life 5.8 lbs. When I bought him at 10 weeks the breeder had 2 litters. He was the last one of 1 litter. The pups in the 2nd litter where bigger than him even tho they were younger. Now Charlie I got at 1 year old. When he arrived he was 4.6 lbs and underweight. Today he is 9.6 lbs and the vet did not say he is overweight tho I think he could loose at least 1 lbs. He is also bigger than my first Maltese. Higher in legs.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #18
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Would it be safe to assume, a breeder who is showing her dogs, would be raising 5-7 lb dogs. Do breeders show 3-lb dogs?

Can you tell me where I can find the weight chart?

Thank you
Sharin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:04 PM   #19
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharin View Post
Would it be safe to assume, a breeder who is showing her dogs, would be raising 5-7 lb dogs. Do breeders show 3-lb dogs?

Can you tell me where I can find the weight chart?

Thank you
Charlie is from a show breeder. He was kept for show that's why I got him at 1 year old. His testicles did not come down so they could not use him for show anymore. Breeders might show 3 lbs dogs, but then they would still be puppies not fully grown.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #20
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
Charlie is from a show breeder. He was kept for show that's why I got him at 1 year old. His testicles did not come down so they could not use him for show anymore. Breeders might show 3 lbs dogs, but then they would still be puppies not fully grown.
Charlie Is a good name. That's what I name my little boy. You are both lucky to have each other.

That would be for getting them ready to compete with older dogs later on I would imagine.

When I bought Chelsea, I wanted to find some one local that sold Maltese and avoid puppy mills. The woman I bought from said her dogs came from breeders that had puppies not show quality. Shipped to her all over the US. I thought it had to be better than pet shops. Chelsea was not real sociable as my friend put it but I felt she needed me. She never played with other dogs. She just stood back and watched everyone. I didn't care. She had me at first site. She was a one person dog. Didn't care for men. I got her when she was 10 weeks old and 2-1/4 lbs. She was really good at training.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #21
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

Sure they can walk and run but whenever you have a tiny dog, they have tiny bones. You would have to make sure it didn't jump down off of things. My granddaughter has two of my puppies and they are about 5 lbs. They don't miss a beat around the house.
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #22
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphslp View Post
Sure they can walk and run but whenever you have a tiny dog, they have tiny bones. You would have to make sure it didn't jump down off of things. My granddaughter has two of my puppies and they are about 5 lbs. They don't miss a beat around the house.
I would be very happy having a 5-lb Maltese. There is a breeder in Scottsdale. She sells her females for $3,000.00. That's a lot of money. So I'll just continue to check out sites. If it's meant to be, it will be. I thought after Charlie, that was it. Then 9 months later, I started looking again.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #23
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyqueen View Post
I just dont know how to post its ridiculous but true.
This is how I posted photos. Don't know if there is an easier way.

Under my post hit quote. So what I tell you will show in your post. You will look for the icon of a paper clip and click on it. It's over to the right, top row. Will then take you to another page. In left hand corner click on choose file. It will show things on your computer. From there find where your photos are stored. Hopefully you will know or if on flash drive can load from there. If you find it highlight it. It should show in that spot. Let it know you are done. Should take you back to your post. I think you have to click on paper clip again. It should then show how you saved the photo. Once you hit submit, photo should show. Hope this is clear enough and helpful.