MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #16
JanG
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
We live 45 miles North of Tampa. A little place called Spring Hill. Looks like we are going to have a direct hit but no way to know wind speeds for sure. Lived in Florida for 62 years and never worried about a hurricane.....
UNTIL NOW! Just going to do the best we can. Will try to update when I can. All our utility lines are under ground so that is a plus. We have enough water and supplies for at least a week.
The one thing that concerns me are the neighbors trees.
We're just hoping and praying for the best for everyone, family and friends.
Carol, I'm sure you'll all be fine, we're praying for you and it sounds as if you've made all the preparations you can. Please keep us posted if at all possible as you know we'll want to hear from you. If there's anything you need after the storm, please let us know!
Old 09-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #17
JanG
Maltese Authority

Wanted to say that the 'previous administration' was stationed in Biloxi, MS during Camille. Fortunately, we didn't live all that close to the beach but were between the Gulf and the Back Bay so had water up on all sides of us for awhile. We had mandatory evacuation to the base but our old rental house withstood the storm just fine. Hopefully, you'll have the same experience - your house HAS to be better built than the one we lived in then! LOL
Old 09-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #18
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
Carol, I'm sure you'll all be fine, we're praying for you and it sounds as if you've made all the preparations you can. Please keep us posted if at all possible as you know we'll want to hear from you. If there's anything you need after the storm, please let us know!
Thanks Jan!! Hope it's not as bad as they say but too late to leave. Headed to Tampa to get mom now. Hard part, too, is having my kids and grandkids are possibly in harm's way and not able to do anything about it. Just hope we have cell service so I can find out how they made out after the storm passes. I am so emotional right now but I know I need to hold it together.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #19
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Thinking of Carol and hope she is doing well. Very relieved that Irma has decided she doesn't like NC but feeling bad and worried about Florida family and friends.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #20
Morkie4
Donating Member

Winds are unbelievable right now and the eye is still below Tampa. I am talking horrible winds. Both my son's have lost power. One in the same city as me and the other southeast of me in Brandon. We still have power but had several power flickers. Hoping and praying for the best.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #21
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Hope you are alright.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #22
Tebow's Mom

How did you make out Carol?
Old 09-12-2017, 03:06 AM   #23
Morkie4
Donating Member

Ok, have to say it was worse than I could have imagined and scary but we survived. No power as of yet but still hoping it comes back on soon. Cramps my cooking style. We had plenty of water and food so are eating off of grilled dinners and sandwiches at lunch. Just trying to deal with the inside heat. It was 78 and we were feeling it, especially since we keep it 73 year round. Dogs did great and haven't even had issues with the heat but they are all cut into puppy cuts earlier this year and I think that helped. My mother on the other hand is loving the inside temp. Ha ha ha.
So daughter is good and two sons went safely through it so I couldn't be happier.
The neighbor's tree decided to come visit our property the night Irma came through and when it hit the ground, it was a tremendous thud and missef our screen cage by a few feet. Investigated the next day and I would post pictures but we all know how that goes, it may or may not upload. But we are all good and that is the most important thing. AND all my clocks survived
Old 09-12-2017, 04:20 AM   #24
JanG
Maltese Authority

I know it's tough but all of you came thru it!!!!! And not only that but your clocks survived too! So glad to hear from you & hope your power is on quickly.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #25
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Ok, have to say it was worse than I could have imagined and scary but we survived. No power as of yet but still hoping it comes back on soon. Cramps my cooking style. We had plenty of water and food so are eating off of grilled dinners and sandwiches at lunch. Just trying to deal with the inside heat. It was 78 and we were feeling it, especially since we keep it 73 year round. Dogs did great and haven't even had issues with the heat but they are all cut into puppy cuts earlier this year and I think that helped. My mother on the other hand is loving the inside temp. Ha ha ha.
So daughter is good and two sons went safely through it so I couldn't be happier.
The neighbor's tree decided to come visit our property the night Irma came through and when it hit the ground, it was a tremendous thud and missef our screen cage by a few feet. Investigated the next day and I would post pictures but we all know how that goes, it may or may not upload. But we are all good and that is the most important thing. AND all my clocks survived
Hurrah ! all the clocks survived

Glad you made it through this ordeal. Hope you won't be out of power for too long. They say about 6 millions people are out of power. That will take time to fix. Mostly annoying because no a/c.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #26
Morkie4
Donating Member

I had power since a little before noon. Wonderful wonderful relief!! I think I must have yelled out loud cause the neighbor outside just laughed at me. They had a generator. LOL
Old 09-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #27
Tebow's Mom

I know you are happy to have the power back on. Of course 78 sounds good to me too. 73 is chilly (Miami girl in me). Sounds like you came through the storm ok. Since all the clocks are ok, I'm assuming the house is ok too.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:49 AM   #28
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
I know you are happy to have the power back on. Of course 78 sounds good to me too. 73 is chilly (Miami girl in me). Sounds like you came through the storm ok. Since all the clocks are ok, I'm assuming the house is ok too.
Yep. House has no damage at all. But of course now we have to "unprepare" for the hurricane. Stuff back on the lanai, outdoor stuff back outdoors, clean up minor debris in front/back yard, etc. Today we have to take mom back home(got power last night) check on her house, clean fridge, restock fridge, etc. Thank goodness hubby is taking off work to help.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #29
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Carol, so happy all is well with your family!