MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

Hurriicane Irma

I check in to forum every now and then and see no posts. That being said, I still keep all in my heart. Carol there are several models showing the path of the Hurricane. If you live in any of the predicted paths, pack up and leave. This is a rated 5 hurricane. You have enough time to evacuate. Harvey has been devastating for Texas. Wishing you, hubby and fur babies the very best.
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphslp View Post
I check in to forum every now and then and see no posts. That being said, I still keep all in my heart. Carol there are several models showing the path of the Hurricane. If you live in any of the predicted paths, pack up and leave. This is a rated 5 hurricane. You have enough time to evacuate. Harvey has been devastating for Texas. Wishing you, hubby and fur babies the very best.
Thanks! We will not be sticking around if we are told to leave. So far most of the projected paths are not coming our way but you can be sure I will be keeping a close eye on her. And flee I will.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
bphslp

So good to hear. I hope it misses Florida!!!!! No one wants to be in a category 5. Hugs to you and the fur babies.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:47 AM   #4
Morkie4
Donating Member

We were prepared for flight but looks like it may have shifted to going up on the right side or east coast of Florida. I'm on the west coast.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
bphslp

I saw that today. I wish it would turn and miss Florida. Too early to tell. Stay safe, you got this!!!!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:47 PM   #6
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Looks like almost all of Florida is in for a rough time. Carol - hoping you are OK. I'm not sure what NC is in for but hoping Irma will have worn herself out and we just get a lot of wind. Cat 1 and 2 hurricanes I'm ok riding out. 3 is iffy - depends on how strong a 3. 4 I'm outta there and no question that I'd be long gone if it was a 5.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #7
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
Looks like almost all of Florida is in for a rough time. Carol - hoping you are OK. I'm not sure what NC is in for but hoping Irma will have worn herself out and we just get a lot of wind. Cat 1 and 2 hurricanes I'm ok riding out. 3 is iffy - depends on how strong a 3. 4 I'm outta there and no question that I'd be long gone if it was a 5.
I think with a 5 I would be gone too. In 30 years in Houston we never left and were always fine. Some small damage from the wind but no flooding and we still had electricity. Even water, not much pressure but better than nothing. I don't know how the people who bought our house fared with Harvey, but there is a good possibility that this time it was flooded too.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #8
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
We were prepared for flight but looks like it may have shifted to going up on the right side or east coast of Florida. I'm on the west coast.
Wishing you the best. You are on the west coast, but this thing is sooooo wide ! Anyway I think it is too late now to evacuate. You don't want to be on the road when that thing hits.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #9
bphslp

Quote:
She was preparing to leave, so lets hope she did.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:51 AM   #10
JanG
Maltese Authority

I've been blowing trying to turn it away from land and back out to sea! Carol, hope you and the fur kids do whatever is necessary to be safe! Praying for you and all in Florida & surrounding areas. My husband's sister and family lives in Pensacola and even they may be affected!

Diane, the last I saw, NC will probably just get some rain and a little wind unless the storm moves east again.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:34 PM   #11
Morkie4
Donating Member

We have made the decision to stay. We are not in a flood zone or evacuation zone. Getting caught in traffic with my 92 year old mother, 4 dogs. Disabled son and, well, we felt that it was better to stay put. And, yes, a little worried but I will try to stay safe. Who would delete or ban all the spammers???? 😆
Old 09-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #12
Tebow's Mom

Carol - where are you now since the storm made a westward turn? Thinking of you.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:41 PM   #13
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
We have made the decision to stay. We are not in a flood zone or evacuation zone. Getting caught in traffic with my 92 year old mother, 4 dogs. Disabled son and, well, we felt that it was better to stay put. And, yes, a little worried but I will try to stay safe. Who would delete or ban all the spammers???? 😆
If you are not in a flood zone and evacuation zone, at this point I too think it's better to stay put. You don't want to get stuck on the highway. Try to update us.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:11 PM   #14
Tebow's Mom

I've seen a lot of pictures of I-95 north and it was a parking lot! My daughter saw pictures of the Fla. Turnpike and said it was even worse! I've got quite a few Florida friends who are going to ride it out. They are braver than me. After personally seeing what Andrew did to Homestead, I'd be "outta Dodge". Worried about friends and family who are staying and hope the best for them! Looks like eastern NC is now off the hook except for some 'minor' weather problems. . I'm thrilled and feel guilty at the same time. Carol keep us posted! Hugs from all of your MT friends.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #15
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Carol - where are you now since the storm made a westward turn? Thinking of you.
We live 45 miles North of Tampa. A little place called Spring Hill. Looks like we are going to have a direct hit but no way to know wind speeds for sure. Lived in Florida for 62 years and never worried about a hurricane.....
UNTIL NOW! Just going to do the best we can. Will try to update when I can. All our utility lines are under ground so that is a plus. We have enough water and supplies for at least a week.
The one thing that concerns me are the neighbors trees.
We're just hoping and praying for the best for everyone, family and friends.