MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > MalteseTalk – Talk about your Maltese

Old 03-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

All prettied up

Three little boys got baths and groomed this weekend. That was an all afternoon event. They all tolerate the bath. Ollie is the best about getting groomed. He will let you do anything to him. However, he has the thickest coat so that takes time. Tebow doesn't like his feet messed with. Bentley just plain doesn't like to be groomed and has to be muzzled. They are all ready for the warm spring weather.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
Sharin
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
Three little boys got baths and groomed this weekend. That was an all afternoon event. They all tolerate the bath. Ollie is the best about getting groomed. He will let you do anything to him. However, he has the thickest coat so that takes time. Tebow doesn't like his feet messed with. Bentley just plain doesn't like to be groomed and has to be muzzled. They are all ready for the warm spring weather.
I can not imagine having to bathe three. Lol. I had two at one time years ago. Off to the groomer. Missy has not had all her shots, so I gave her a bath this past week. I really feel for you. They are so sweet when they are all cleaned up.
Sharin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

I bathed and groomed 2 weeks ago. They are needing another bath. So much tree pollen in Texas. My voice as most know isn't loud. Now with all the pollen, I am down to a whisper. They love to roll in the dead grass and left over leaves. Isn't it a relief when the grooming is finished? Eli is pretty much shaved with the exception of head and tail. Yoda has shaved body. Shadow and Yeti are full coats but still have to clean up the feet and do the bowl trim around the bottom. The dachshunds are just a bath and blow dry. I have seen a cut that I have never seen for the dogs that don't like their feet messed with during grooming. The body is shaved and the legs look like the Budweiser horses. They are shaved down to the knee and flare. I really liked it. lol
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #4
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphslp View Post
I bathed and groomed 2 weeks ago. They are needing another bath. So much tree pollen in Texas. My voice as most know isn't loud. Now with all the pollen, I am down to a whisper. They love to roll in the dead grass and left over leaves. Isn't it a relief when the grooming is finished? Eli is pretty much shaved with the exception of head and tail. Yoda has shaved body. Shadow and Yeti are full coats but still have to clean up the feet and do the bowl trim around the bottom. The dachshunds are just a bath and blow dry. I have seen a cut that I have never seen for the dogs that don't like their feet messed with during grooming. The body is shaved and the legs look like the Budweiser horses. They are shaved down to the knee and flare. I really liked it. lol
Got a picture of the "Budwiser cut"? Mine will always be in short and/or puppy cuts. We are just outside too much. I hate pollen! It's here too.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
OzMonster
MT Newbie

I'm reading all the posts about grooming trying to convince myself that I should give Oz a puppy cut for the summer. His hair has been growing since August and it is so pretty and fluffy! But he's panting on the sofa! Guess I could always start it again this fall.
OzMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #6
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMonster View Post
I'm reading all the posts about grooming trying to convince myself that I should give Oz a puppy cut for the summer. His hair has been growing since August and it is so pretty and fluffy! But he's panting on the sofa! Guess I could always start it again this fall.
I have this problem every year. I let the hair grow over the winter and in Spring this is the big question : to cut or not to cut. So I started out by having the groomer give him a puppy cut. After that, I cut only his body hair and a little bit of the ears. Used the 7 blade for the body hair. Now with the temperature rising, I think next time I will use the # 10 blade on his body. The hair grows so fast.