MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > Introductions

Old 01-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #1
malt4eva
MT Newbie

patiently waiting and starting here :)

Hello to all...
I am not new to this breed, but new here. I sadly lost mine a few years ago. I recently decided to add another to my life. It has been a journey! I only contacted trusted breeders. I currently have a deposit on a baby girl, but she is very young and I have no clue what she will look like at maturity. Holding my breath. looking forward to getting to know all of you and your babies Have a great day!!
malt4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:33 AM   #2
Morkie4
Donating Member

HELLO AND WELCOME!!!!!!

We have had a huge drop in our membership and so we are really glad to have you as a member of the forum. Sorry to hear you lost your baby, it's never easy but they are always in our heart.

So exciting that you will be getting a new baby.......looking forward to tales, adventures and pictures.

By the way, my name is Carol and I live in Florida. I have 3 female Maltese and a male yorkie. I lost one of my babies a year and a half ago and still, when I look at her pictures, it makes me cry. Every baby is so special.

Again, welcome to the forum.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Welcome. I've never seen a Maltese that isn't cute so you have nothing to fear about what your baby will look like. When is your baby coming home?

I'm Diane. I have 3 little boys: 2 maltese and 1 morkie (half maltese/half yorkie). The morkie and youngest maltese I've had since they were babies, the other maltese is a rescue I adopted when he was 1.

Can't wait to see pictures of your babies.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:50 PM   #4
Emma's Mama
Maltese Authority

Welcome! Waiting for a new baby is exciting! I'm so sorry about your first baby. I lost my Emma very suddenly last fall and I was heartbroken - she was only 8 and a half. I have a new puppy now, 5 month old Olivia, who certainly keeps life interesting these days, though!
Emma's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:24 PM   #5
malt4eva
MT Newbie

Hello and Thank you! aw, I am sorry for your loss of Emma, it is truly heart breaking. I am glad you have a new baby to fill your heart! Love her name, funny that is on my list of names, love it! ( so is Emma) The anticipation is killing me, but gives me something to look forward to.

I was all over the map in my search, it truly was a journey, but I am very happy! I just cant wait to see her a little more "fuzzy" she is still very young, 5 weeks. Fun watching them grow!

So nice to meet you!! Looking forward seeing your posts and pictures!
Old 01-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #6
malt4eva
MT Newbie

Hi Carol,
I am sad to hear membership has dropped.. we will rock this place
I am AnnMarie, from ny. I am sorry for your loss, its so very hard and their memory brings many tears. Sadly many of us has this in common. Your so sweet and thank you again! <3
Old 01-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #7
malt4eva
MT Newbie

Hi Diane!

aw a bunch of fur babies! They are all very cute! I have zero doubt this little girl will be beautiful, she already is.. She will be ready the very end of February when she is 12 weeks. Rescue is wonderful!! I had a few in my days. I am involved in supporting rescue groups, I do as much as I can. Its a feel good thing to do!

ps..I am AnnMarie from NY. Nice to meet you!!
Old 01-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #8
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Hi AnnMarie,

I am Janine and live in Arizona. Sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking when they leave us. It will be 7 years in April that I lost my first Maltese at age 14. I still miss him. I now have a 7 years (8 in August) old named Charlie. I got him when he was 1 year old. You will see your little girl will be so cute at 12 weeks.
Welcome 02.jpg
Old 01-20-2018, 04:01 AM   #9
JanG
Maltese Authority

Hi Ann-Marie & welcome from me too.

I'm Jan and lost my little rescue Maltese, CiCi, in September of 2015. We adopted a
Old 01-20-2018, 04:11 AM   #10
JanG
Maltese Authority

My laptop is doing weird things this morning! Here is the post as I intended!

Hi Ann-Marie & welcome from me too.

I'm Jan and unexpectedly lost our little rescue Maltese, CiCi, in September of 2015. We adopted a Yorkie mix last year so I haven't been as active here (since we didn't have a Maltese). However, right before Christmas we adopted a sassy little Maltese mix from a rescue. She's originally from your part of the country (actually Philadelphia) and was found on the street. So now we have a Yorkie mix and a new little Maltese and I'm overjoyed!

I know how the Maltese breed grabs your heart and know you will be so thrilled when you finally get yours in your arms. Please share your journey with us. We love watching the little ones grow up and will share your joys and troubles and offer advice if you request it!

Can't wait to see photos of your new little one!
Old 01-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #11
malt4eva
MT Newbie

Hi Janine and Jan,

Thank you for reaching out and saying hello! Everyone is so nice here! I see we all have a heartbreak from the loss of our babies, its the hardest part of having them, they leave us way too soon and I am sorry for the loss of your babies, but happy your hearts are filled again.

At first I didn't want to get another maltese, didn't want to feel like I was replacing those I have lost ( 3 over the years) or maybe I feared it would be a painful reminder and a different bred may be better for me. I was very close to getting a yorkie, as I do adore them as well. I literally drove myself crazy going back and forth. I concluded I needed one more Maybe some day I will add a yorkie to the mix

I have a way to go before this little one comes home and having fun shopping getting ready. She will be one loved baby girl <3

again, so nice to meet you all! xo