MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > MalteseTalk – Talk about your Maltese

Old 10-03-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating MT 4,000 Club Member

Tebow update

Tebow definitely feels better. He is ready and raring to go and giving us all fits trying to keep him calm. We keep a leash on him even on the couch so that we can instantly feel if he is getting ready to jump. Even with that the little bugger has managed to jump a couple of times!
Old 10-03-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

This was my Alex too !
Old 10-04-2017, 02:45 AM   #3
Morkie4
Donating Member

Oh Tebow, you are one "ready to go" little pup. Just can't keep a good guy down
Old 10-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
Tebow's Mom

We've moved Tebow to the kitchen with his crate and his brothers during the day when we are at work. We have been leaving the crate open so he can go in and out. The boys just basically sleep when we are gone. However, once we get home it's another story. They are all wanting out of the kitchen. Ollie is good at escaping even with gates up unless chairs are also up against the gate. I took Bentley out to potty and Ollie helped Tebow escape. When I came back in, Ollie was on the couch and Tebow was sitting on the landing at the top of the stairs just as proud as he could be! He's never one to stay down for long. When he was neutered, he was at the running and jumping the next day. I just try to comfort myself that we are holding his shenanigans down to a bare minimum.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
Tebow's Mom

Tebow has his 4 week check-up tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:20 AM   #6
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
Tebow has his 4 week check-up tomorrow.
I'm sure it will go well........really sounds like he is healed and ready to go!!! Let us know how he makes out! I bet you will be glad when he is 100%!!!
Old 10-07-2017, 06:15 AM   #7
Tebow's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
I'm sure it will go well........really sounds like he is healed and ready to go!!! Let us know how he makes out! I bet you will be glad when he is 100%!!!
Oh don't you know!!! Tebow's check-up went fine. He has a whole list of exercises to do for the next 4 weeks. We start with 2 walks a day, 10 minutes each and increase by 5 minutes each week. Back on pain meds for the first week of this. He has to do sit-stands, s shaped walking, ladder walking. Ladder walking is easier for little dogs than curb walking. They want to just jump up and down on the curbs but the goal is weight shifting and lifting one leg at a time. (You lay the ladder flat on the ground and they have to walk over each rung) And he still has to be totally calm/crate confined for 4 more weeks.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #8
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

This brings back memories with Jack last year!! Amazing how they have improved the recovery method for these injuries.