MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

4 More Work Days

The countdown is seriously on now. Tomorrow is the Last. Work. Monday. Ever.! Whoo hoo. The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy. I've been working on all the loose ends. I don't want anyone to come in and clean up a mess or try to figure out what to do. So work that normally has a 2-3 week turn around has had a week turn around. Things that I'm the middle of and would be able to finish in Jan (if I was going back) have to be done by Thursday. But it will be done and I will leave feeling good. I'm looking forward to being a stay at home Nana and Dog Mama.
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #2
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

I was the same way, I never quit a work place without finishing what was started.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #3
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
I was the same way, I never quit a work place without finishing what was started.
That's going out on a high note with total respect from co-workers. I've been burned before when people left and I won't do it to anyone else.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #4
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Those last couple of days are thrilling and sad, at least they were for me. But that feeling of knowing you did your best and leave on a good note is always something to remember.
Congrats!!
Old 12-18-2017, 05:59 AM   #5
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
Those last couple of days are thrilling and sad, at least they were for me. But that feeling of knowing you did your best and leave on a good note is always something to remember.
Congrats!!
Thanks! It is bittersweet. Love the people I work with. But donít love the paperwork and workload.
X
Old 12-18-2017, 08:15 AM   #6
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

That's how I felt. I loved my library, the kids, yes, even the 8th graders! But esp. the little ones. I had so many things going on in the library and always decorated for each special holiday, special books, projects, movies, yes, even dancing and singing! The look on their eyes when they'd come in was priceless.
When I left, every single student in that school had written me a letter, even the 8th graders. Some were so funny, and some were so touching. One young lady wished I was her grandma and baked her cookies. So, I did. Another, a new student that year told me she was so depressed when she came here, her life was in total chaos, but when I smiled at her that first day and called her 'Miss' and helped her pick out a book, she said my library was her refuge. She began to read and always loved library day. I called every student either 'Miss or Mr.'
Sometimes you wonder if you have ever done any good for anyone, but then when you read or are told by your students how much you and that library meant to them, just melts the heart.
I hope all my former students from 27 years still have that spark in their hearts and remember to show a little kindness to someone, even if they don't know who is hurting.
I'm sure you have had many wonderful experiences with staff, parents and students, and I'm sure you too have left a spark of hope in each and every one of them.
Enjoy your final days. When you walk out that door on the final day, I'm sure you will feel just like I did.....where did the years go? And feel the weight lift right off your shoulders and a smile that says 'a job well done'.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #7
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
That's how I felt. I loved my library, the kids, yes, even the 8th graders! But esp. the little ones. I had so many things going on in the library and always decorated for each special holiday, special books, projects, movies, yes, even dancing and singing! The look on their eyes when they'd come in was priceless.
When I left, every single student in that school had written me a letter, even the 8th graders. Some were so funny, and some were so touching. One young lady wished I was her grandma and baked her cookies. So, I did. Another, a new student that year told me she was so depressed when she came here, her life was in total chaos, but when I smiled at her that first day and called her 'Miss' and helped her pick out a book, she said my library was her refuge. She began to read and always loved library day. I called every student either 'Miss or Mr.'
Sometimes you wonder if you have ever done any good for anyone, but then when you read or are told by your students how much you and that library meant to them, just melts the heart.
I hope all my former students from 27 years still have that spark in their hearts and remember to show a little kindness to someone, even if they don't know who is hurting.
I'm sure you have had many wonderful experiences with staff, parents and students, and I'm sure you too have left a spark of hope in each and every one of them.
Enjoy your final days. When you walk out that door on the final day, I'm sure you will feel just like I did.....where did the years go? And feel the weight lift right off your shoulders and a smile that says 'a job well done'.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:03 PM   #8
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Enjoy your final days. When you walk out that door o the final day, I'm sure you will feel just like I did.....where did the years go? And feel the weight lift right off your shoulders and a smile that says 'a job well done'.
So sweet. You expressed the feelings so well. I've learned a lot about many different disabilities. It's been rewarding to help the kiddos and their parents. Sometimes just the knowledge I shared brought them so much comfort and relief. I've done both therapy and diagnostics over the years. Diagnostics has been my passion. There is science to it but there is also art. Not everyone is good at diagnostics. You have to put all kinds of little pieces together to figure out the whole. My team has figured out some pretty complicated little kiddos. I know we've set up good starts in school for lots and lots of little ones.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:34 PM   #9
Morkie4
Donating Member

Retirement is great!!!!!!! I retired before I had all my credits for social security so to collect anything, I have to wait for the hubby to retire...............4 years, 8 months, 2 weeks but who's counting

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RETIREMENT.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #10
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Retirement is great!!!!!!! I retired before I had all my credits for social security so to collect anything, I have to wait for the hubby to retire...............4 years, 8 months, 2 weeks but who's counting

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RETIREMENT.
I had exactly the credits necessary but would not have ended up with much since this is the minimum. So I am getting half of my husbands' retirement.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:39 PM   #11
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
I had exactly the credits necessary but would not have ended up with much since this is the minimum. So I am getting half of my husbands' retirement.
When the husband retires, I will get 1/2 of his. I am past the age qualifications for social security and medicare, just not enough credits to qualify. I robbed the cradle so have to wait until he gets old like me. I figure I will get my first check when I am 72!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #12
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Our plan is to hold off from collecting social security for 4 more years. I don't reach full social security retirement age till then and it's a pretty steep cut to take it now. Hubby will be 70 in 4 years so that's a bonus for waiting. I'm thinking we should be fine with my NC pension and income from the sale of hubby's business. In 3 years I can collect pension money from Florida. I was vested in the retirement system before we moved and left the money in the system to collect when I turn 65. Hopefully we can leave the 401 k money alone till then too.