MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > MalteseTalk – Talk about your Maltese

Old 07-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Punky
No Longer a Member

Max licked a toad and he liked it!!

This is sooooooo gross! We live on the lake so we tend to at times get frog's and other gross stuff up by the house. Well I was in the kennel moving a flower plant and all these baby toads came jumping out!

Max perks up and runs around licking and playing with them. He was trying to pounce on them to play. THEN he gets one and starts to carry it around in his mouth he is prancing around as happy as can be! "YAY new friend's"

The whole time I am yelling Max "Leave it and I swear he pretended to be deaf as he was having the time of his life. Then Reggie joins in with him, I finally got both dogs inside and Max is siting on the back of the sofa right now looking outside for frogs and glaring at me for bringing him in.
Punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
CinttisLuke
No Longer a Member

That is so funny!! I can picture them having fun with their new little buddy!!
CinttisLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

I don't want to scare you, but some toads are poisonous. I would not let him make a habit of playing with them. If it ever happens that he licks a poisonous toad, you need to wash out his mouth with the water hose first and then hurry up to the next emergency clinic.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
Punky
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
I don't want to scare you, but some toads are poisonous. I would not let him make a habit of playing with them. If it ever happens that he licks a poisonous toad, you need to wash out his mouth with the water hose first and then hurry up to the next emergency clinic.
I would never let my dogs near one that is and since we have lived here many years I am 100 percent postive it is not at all or I would not think it was funny.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
Morkie4
Donating Member

I can just picture Max taking out after a frog!!!! What a funny little guy and so entertaining!!! So how have his kisses been lately????? A little froggy tasting???
Old 07-18-2010, 06:58 AM   #6
Punky
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
I can just picture Max taking out after a frog!!!! What a funny little guy and so entertaining!!! So how have his kisses been lately????? A little froggy tasting???
hehe Your pup is the officail "Lizard Hunter" now we have Max "Toad Hunter" I wonder if anyone else has a hunter we could all go open a place and be on Animal Planet Oh we need more hunters!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
JiJi's Mom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Well, my story is not one with a happy ending. My Lil' Man did a very good job with my sisters bird. She HAD a small green parrot and Lil' Man just stood right in front of the cage not moving at all. My sister ask me if he will it my bird. Well I know dogs are hunters and since Lil' Man is a rescue I had no idea, so I stood next to the cage. My sister went ahead and locked the cage. She then call me to the restroom so I can do her make-up and a few minutes later I heard a crash. Then my sister scream; I went out and Lil'Man had poor Paco in his mouth. I screamed NO and he dropped it. His teeth had sunk into Paco's belly; poor birdy had no chance.
I asked her, didn't you lock his cage? she said yes but the cage was not securely covered. I mean when tipped over it was open from the bottom. I also asked why the bird didn't fly, she said they had cut the wings( not sure what I think about that, isn't that there method of defense?). Well, the only thing I could do was apologize, and I did offer to buy her another one. I do feel bad but I wasn't at all upset with Lil' Man.
Sorry if I grossed anyone out.
JiJi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #8
CinttisLuke
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiJi's Mom View Post
Well, my story is not one with a happy ending. My Lil' Man did a very good job with my sisters bird. She HAD a small green parrot and Lil' Man just stood right in front of the cage not moving at all. My sister ask me if he will it my bird. Well I know dogs are hunters and since Lil' Man is a rescue I had no idea, so I stood next to the cage. My sister went ahead and locked the cage. She then call me to the restroom so I can do her make-up and a few minutes later I heard a crash. Then my sister scream; I went out and Lil'Man had poor Paco in his mouth. I screamed NO and he dropped it. His teeth had sunk into Paco's belly; poor birdy had no chance.
I asked her, didn't you lock his cage? she said yes but the cage was not securely covered. I mean when tipped over it was open from the bottom. I also asked why the bird didn't fly, she said they had cut the wings( not sure what I think about that, isn't that there method of defense?). Well, the only thing I could do was apologize, and I did offer to buy her another one. I do feel bad but I wasn't at all upset with Lil' Man.
aww poor little Paco

Now we have a bird hunter!
CinttisLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
Punky
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiJi's Mom View Post
Oh geesh I am so sorry that must have been a frightening site to see
Old 07-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
JesBred
Inactive Account

Oh my!! Both my dogs have gotten into a few toads in their days!! Did you have any princes show up on your doorstep today?? Man I wish

Today Jake actually got a snake!! A big one too!!
Old 07-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
JiJi's Mom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesBred View Post
Oh my!! Both my dogs have gotten into a few toads in their days!! Did you have any princes show up on your doorstep today?? Man I wish

Ha-Ha that's a good one
JiJi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #12
Punky
No Longer a Member

Quote:

Jake is awesome and saved Mitzy from a tucky snake what a good brother! LOL

No princes for Max but a prince showed up a Husky his own age

Reggie only fishes, he run's in the water grabs a fish, he could care less if someone is fishing it and runs back on shore, the meaning of fishing is always ruined with him around he loudly splashes in the water and takes the fish and runs hahah I hear many colorful words when they take him fishing
Old 07-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #13
Shammi's Dad
Maltese Admirer

Quote:
Did you have any princes show up on your doorstep today??
Wonder how many "Princes" are on MT.

I know of at least two...

As to the licking of frogs, your title to the thread left me wondering if that isn't a song...

Max licked a toad
And he liked it...

Oh, man. I need sleep.
Shammi's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #14
Punky
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammi's Dad View Post
Wonder how many "Princes" are on MT.

I know of at least two...

As to the licking of frogs, your title to the thread left me wondering if that isn't a song...

Max licked a toad
And he liked it...

Oh, man. I need sleep.
HAH yep thats what I was thinking and no one said anything! Kate Perry song
Old 07-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #15
Emma's Mama
Maltese Authority

OK, you all can keep your toads, lizards, snakes, birds, etc...my little princess sticks with toys!!
Emma's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote