MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > MalteseTalk – Talk about your Maltese

Old 12-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

Merry Christmas from the Parkers

If it was not for bad luck, we would not have any luck at all. Praying 2018 will be a wonderful year. We do wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!!!!! Our house caught on fire but is still standing. All our Fluffs are OK. We are running late. Our cards will be late and probably an old card but these pictures were just taken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shadow 2017.jpg (57.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Shadow 2017-2.jpg (61.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Yeti and Yoda - 2.jpg (64.8 KB, 5 views)
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Wonderful pictures. You aren't the only one running late. My cards are going to be Happy New Year cards this year.
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

I am so sorry about the fire to your house. Do you have to rebuild the whole house? Thank goodness all of you are ok.
Your pups look gorgeous, as always.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:23 AM   #4
JanG
Maltese Authority

Oh, Jenell! Thank God everyone is safe and that your house is still standing. Are you able to still live there?

The photos of the babies are wonderful!
Old 12-22-2017, 12:31 AM   #5
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

We have been doing a lot of renovations. We added a greenhouse, shop, our small cabin, a double metal fence with a cap. We own the entire block so it was a lot of fence. This winter we were going to work in the house. The one room that we had completed was the one that caught fire. We had two engineers, a builder, insurance adjuster, fire chief, contractor and an electrician and the fire is deemed unknown. The only thing we can think was an ember from somewhere came through the outside vent. They tore out the solid mahogany planks on one wall to get to the fire. The fire was on the framing that sets on the face plate under the floor. They cut a hole in the floor. Fortunately we stayed up to watch the World Series. The entire house was so full of smoke. If we had been in bed, probably would be a different story. What is holding up the repair is the mahogany planks. We finally found a place that thinks they can mill the wood in the pattern that is in the room. They think it is Cuban mahogany and you can't get it anymore. However this place has some. My dogs were put in the shop and cabin. I think they thought they were being punished. They had to stay in those locations because the firemen were here until 6:30 in the morning. The good news is the ceiling was OK. I had hand painted every tile. Took me two months on that project. They hit our track lighting but Ben fixed it. We can live in the house, but the cleaning is a slow go. Our parrot was moved to the other end of the house and was such a trooper. The ceiling fan in the back part of the house is black. Not sure if it can be saved but I will give it a try. A few weeks later, I saw all the emergency vehicles in front of our house. I was looking out the window trying to see what happened. Two DPS officers came to our door. A pickup truck hit a school bus and lost control. Our yard is huge and the guy managed to miss everything including our 100 yr old Oak. Our hedge kept the truck from coming through the kitchen. All I know, we have a guardian angel. This is why we had a picture of our dogs thanking god in prayer. It only took about 15 attempts to get that shot. ha. I told Yoda, I think he took his pose to another level. As you know, I have still kept my sense of humor. The Insurance company was slow, but they paid us a very fair amount. We also send any receipts that we have already paid. We had the air conditioner unit cleaned inside and outside. Also any cleaning of clothes, etc. We have a contractor and when he finishes up with some other people's projects, he will make our repairs. My advise to everyone, make sure your smoke alarms are maintained. I kept thinking I would replace the batteries and didn't. I have new smoke alarms in almost every room.
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:36 AM   #6
JanG
Maltese Authority

Thank God (literally) that it wasn't worse than it was! So thankful you and the pets got out all right. Yes, the aftermath is a hassle but it could have been a horrible disaster.