MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-03-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Nana camp

Today is day 2 of Nana Track Out Camp. My 5 year old grandson attends a year round school and is out for the first 3 weeks of January. So, since Nana is retired now.....

I taught Evan how to play the card game War. Oh my. We've played more games of War in the last 2 days than I care to count. He LOVES it. I need suggestions for more card games a 5 year old can play! I'm going to teach him Slap Jack but I'm drawing a blank on the other easy card games. I think I have Uno somewhere if I can find it.

Evan was behind on his track out homework. So today we went to Target and bought a composition book for him to do his first 2 days of homework. We got through it but he was much more in the mood to play. Took some convincing that yes we were going to do that first and then we would .... The 2 times were even broken up during the day. I sure don't miss being the homework monitor!

I had planned on some hikes as we have great Greenway Trails and city and county parks near here with good trails but the weather has not cooperated and don't think it will next week either. UGH.

At least since we live in the Capitol city for our state we have free state museums downtown. Tomorrow I'm going to take him to the Science Museum. They have a great butterfly room where the butterflys are flying all around.
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:34 PM   #2
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Guess no Nana Camp tomorrow. First snowflake fell and our county closed all schools for tomorrow. Yep, I live in the south.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:33 PM   #3
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Go fish is a good game. Match-up is good too.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:04 AM   #4
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
Go fish is a good game. Match-up is good too.
What's match-up?
Old 01-04-2018, 10:06 AM   #5
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

No Nana Camp today. Schools are closed.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:07 PM   #6
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
What's match-up?
Match-up is a good card game to either learn how to match up numbers, letters, animals, shapes, words, etc. You just make sure you have 2 of each item, shuffle the cards and then make equal rows depending on how many cards you have. Example: if doing animals, you start with 20 cards, 2 of each animal, so you have 10 different animals to match up. Shuffle and then make your rows, 2 rows of 5. Take turns turning 2 cards over and if they match you take them and take another turn. If you don't match, the other person has their turn.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #7
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
Match-up is a good card game to either learn how to match up numbers, letters, animals, shapes, words, etc. You just make sure you have 2 of each item, shuffle the cards and then make equal rows depending on how many cards you have. Example: if doing animals, you start with 20 cards, 2 of each animal, so you have 10 different animals to match up. Shuffle and then make your rows, 2 rows of 5. Take turns turning 2 cards over and if they match you take them and take another turn. If you don't match, the other person has their turn.
I know that game - we just call it "Memory" because you need to remember the card placements. We played "Go Fish" today.