MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-20-2018, 04:30 AM   #16
JanG
Maltese Authority

I'm to the point where I don't even think it's pretty! Snow is a four-letter word in my book and we got so danged much of it (8 inches)! Right now our country road is mostly ice although we did make it to the little town next to us to check the mail at the post office and go to the Dollar General for a couple of necessities yesterday.

Diane, I hope it all melts today!
Old 01-20-2018, 06:42 AM   #17
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

[QUOTE=JanG;356919 Diane, I hope it all melts today![/QUOTE]

It won't in my yard. For whatever reason we always have more snow in our yard than the neighbors. We are sort of shaded as well with all the trees and our snow is always the last to melt around us. My daughters family was on a vacation in the mountains last week. Central NC got more snow than the mountains. They got home yesterday and the boys wanted to play in the snow at their house. My daughter informed them they would all come to Nana's as she always had more snow than their house (true statement. LOL). Grandsons were thrilled. They've plowed the main road outside our neighborhood which is shocking as that rarely happens. I think the city is working hard to get kids back to school. Between the last event and this one, kids have missed a whole week of school.
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #18
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

So here is the "melting" process that typically occurs at my house. 1) the house across the street, 2) my house. :lol2: The grandsons are coming over to play in about an hour. :lol2: (1:00 PM Saturday)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010944.jpg (101.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1010945.jpg (85.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #19
Morkie4
Donating Member

Beautiful home!!! Now with the melting snow, isn't there a few other issues that come up you have to deal with????
Old 01-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #20
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Beautiful home!!! Now with the melting snow, isn't there a few other issues that come up you have to deal with????
Yep, we have slush and a wet yard a lot longer than anyone else. Even after the snow melts, the yard stays really slushy for quite a while. At least we don't have to mow the yard in the winter. The mower would sink. We get to listen to ice crashing down the side gutters for quite a while too. You wouldn't believe the sound that makes. Our yard still looks pretty much the same as it did at 1:00. The yard across the street is almost totally melted.
Thanks for the beautiful home comment.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:31 AM   #21
JanG
Maltese Authority

Your house is beautiful, Diane! And we have lingering snow also in spite of the stellar temps yesterday. Even the pond still has a lot of ice on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pond.jpg (108.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-21-2018, 06:57 AM   #22
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
Your house is beautiful, Diane! And we have lingering snow also in spite of the stellar temps yesterday. Even the pond still has a lot of ice on it.
Love all the land you have! Frozen lakes look cool. My front yard still looks like it did yesterday afternoon. It can go away now thank you very much.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:15 AM   #23
Morkie4
Donating Member

Wow, Jan......looks pretty cold to me!!

It is actually much better here today. Not the cold north wind and the SUN IS SHINING!!!!!!!