MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Bedroom redo

My poor fluffs have been so bored today. They haven't gotten much attention and the door was closed on the room we were working in. We have a forecast of 3 days of rain (100%). So we decided to tackle one of the bedroom redos. Since we are now empty nesters, one of my boy's bedrooms is being turned into the grandsons' special sleep over room/slash extra "sports guest bedroom". We got 2 coats of blue paint on the walls today. Tomorrow hubby is going to do the brush work near the crown molding and baseboards. I'm going to wash the sheets and get the beds made up. The room is big enough to hold 2 full size beds. (we had bed shuffle when we bought a king for our room. Our queen went to one of the boys bedrooms and the full in that room went into the other son's bedroom for a while. Until he came back and the extra bed went into the attic per his request. It's back out of the attic now). So the grandsons will have their own bed to sleep in (prevents the endless tickle/wrestling that occurs if they are in the same bed) but still be in the same room. It also works out great for visitors that don't want to share the same bed since the other 2 guest rooms have queen beds. For the brief period of time that we were actually empty nesters before, we once had a full house with all 3 guest rooms in use. I have some things for the wall by combining things from both boys rooms and will pick up a couple of extra things. Football, baseball and hockey will be the decorations from teams the grandsons like and we do as well.
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:51 AM   #2
JanG
Maltese Authority

A very good use of these rainy days. Bet the GS will be thrilled.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:15 AM   #3
Morkie4
Donating Member

That sounds like fun! I also turned one of our bedrooms into a "grandkids' room. No particular theme but definitely lime green and white were my colors. It's a small bedroom so can only fit a queen bed. The girls like it but the grandson isn't keen on it.

The other bedroom we turned into a combination computer, grooming, sewing and treadmill room. Works for me!

I love it when a room finally comes together and you can sit back and say to yourself: Job well done!
Old 02-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #4
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Yep, it is good when a room pulls together. I'm going for a room for the boys but yet one that isn't totally childish. I know visitors take what they can get but I wanted it to be a room that wasn't totally childhood. I'll take some pictures when I'm done.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #5
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
Yep, it is good when a room pulls together. I'm going for a room for the boys but yet one that isn't totally childish. I know visitors take what they can get but I wanted it to be a room that wasn't totally childhood. I'll take some pictures when I'm done.
Looking forward to the pictures! My dumb phone will not let me open my photo gallery so no sense in taking pictures of my guest room...........man, I need a new phone.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Looking forward to the pictures! My dumb phone will not let me open my photo gallery so no sense in taking pictures of my guest room...........man, I need a new phone.
I usually take pictures with my camera and upload them to the computer. I can upload pics from my phone directly to FB but not to MT.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:02 AM   #7
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Well the bedroom is painted and the sheets have been washed and bedding put on the beds. Looks good. I ended up ordering some new wall pictures as the old ones just didn't work out with the new set up. The Durham Bulls pennant and Carolina Panthers pennant are up and some Bulls memorabilia on the dresser. Now I have to wait for the pictures to come in the mail.