MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 07-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Doggie rescue

We rescued a dog July 4th. 10:30 at night I was taking Ollie and Bentley out on their leash for their goodnight break. They both started pulling and I saw a white blur. I thought it was a cat but a couple of steps further down the driveway and I saw it was a little dog. I took a couple of steps toward the dog and the dog ran over to the easement. This was tricky as I had 2 on a leash and I'm trying to slowly walk to the dog and talk to the dog. I got to the dog and was able to pick her up. She was "Ollie sized". She was scared to death, panting and shaking. She was beautifully groomed, obviously someone's well loved pet, and you guessed it NO COLLAR! I took her inside and she eventually calmed down and even gave me a kiss. Hubby took her and went door to door on the street behind us but no luck. So little miss spent the night. I tried to put her in a crate in our room but those pitiful little eyes followed me everywhere and yep she ended up sleeping in the bed (which it was obvious she was very used to doing). The plan was for me to take her to the Vet in the morning and hope she was chipped. Hubby takes Ollie for a long walk every morning so he decided he'd take our guest too in the hope that someone would recognize her. Hubby stopped to talk to someone and a green truck went by that he has seen in the neighborhood several times. The truck quickly stopped and a lady hopped out and asked "is that your dog". It was the dog's grandma. Grandma was so excited and was hugging and kissing her granddog. She had been up since daybreak looking for her. She commented her daughter was going to be so happy! So happy ending for all and a very relieved grandma. (Moral of the story: dogs need name tags! Especially on July 4th.)
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:29 AM   #2
Morkie4
Donating Member

Oh how wonderful you found her owner........a happy ending. How far away did they live from you?
Old 07-08-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Oh how wonderful you found her owner........a happy ending. How far away did they live from you?
A couple of streets over. Hubby ran into grandma again today and she was still thanking him.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #4
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

So glad that she was reunited with her owners. They need tags and a chip. At least one of the two.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:43 AM   #5
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
So glad that she was reunited with her owners. They need tags and a chip. At least one of the two.
Both collars can come off.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:49 AM   #6
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Collars are very important though!! If little miss had a collar, she would have been home the same night she got lost.

Official Story. Little Miss was scared by a firework. She was taken out to potty and a firework went off and she bolted.