MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-24-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

The shopping has begun!

Friday I went out with my best friend and my sister. First we had lunch, then headed to our favorite Hallmark store and I got lots of gift cards. Then we decided to go and bother our one brother. We all went out for dinner and then just hung out and laughed and acted silly.
So, only one store...that's all my back and legs could take.
I don't even bother going to the Malls anymore.
Anybody else do shopping?
Old 11-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

I found my ornaments for the kids and grandkids. Every year they get an ornament to remember something that they did/went to/interest for that year. My boys got a dear santa all I want is for the Panthers to win the Superbowl, my daughter got Santa on a lighthouse (vacation trip to NC outer banks), son-in-law got a dump truck (took over the family concrete buisness) and the grandsons got the Ninja Turtle they dressed up as for Halloween.
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:36 PM   #3
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

I am glad I don't have to shop. The grand kids don't know what they want, so it's going to be easy, a check and they can do what they want with it. The adult kids (lol) are getting what they always get for Christmas, a big box with cans of patÚs and other stuff to eat that I order from a company in France. Not sure yet what to do with buying a Christmas tree. Last year we had to take it down before Christmas because it was so dry and a fire hazard. Maybe I will give in and buy a small fake one. We have a ceramic Christmas tree, so it's not like we don't have one.
IMG_1388 (3).jpg
Old 12-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
I am glad I don't have to shop. The grand kids don't know what they want, so it's going to be easy, a check and they can do what they want with it. The adult kids (lol) are getting what they always get for Christmas, a big box with cans of patÚs and other stuff to eat that I order from a company in France. Not sure yet what to do with buying a Christmas tree. Last year we had to take it down before Christmas because it was so dry and a fire hazard. Maybe I will give in and buy a small fake one. We have a ceramic Christmas tree, so it's not like we don't have one.
Attachment 31174
Oh I remember those. All the rave at one time.....think my mom made one years ago. How old is yours? Buy it or make if?
Old 12-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #5
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
Oh I remember those. All the rave at one time.....think my mom made one years ago. How old is yours? Buy it or make if?
It is at least 15 years old if not 20. Don't remember. Made it myself. You can still find some at Hallmark, but mine is nicer.

I gave in and bought a fake tree today.