MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > My Maltese!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
becky
MT Newbie

Behind the Scenes at Clabec Maltese

I have never talked about this much except to talk about my Ezekiel, but I think it is time to share what really goes on behind the scenes at Clabec Maltese. So here we go. I am going to go down the line and name the names.

First I want to start with Priscilla. I do not have any pictures of her, I deleted them by accident and have not gotten any more. But here is her story. There is a breeder that lives a couple of hours away from me. Before Kenny passed away we found this breeder in the paper and went to see the dog. When we got to the house there was so much chicken poop all over the drive that it was hard to get to the front door. When we walked into the front door in this ladies foyer she had a x-pen. In this pen she had about 10 dogs, of different breeds. Priscilla was so pitiful she was an older dog about 5 years at the time and she had red clay stains that was just unspeakable. Well we chose her because she was the one that needed us the most. We paid the woman $500 do get her out of her home. On our way home it was a very sad situation. She was not only clay stained but she was covered with fleas. We took her to the vet when we got her home and come to find out she had just had a c-section. She hated men and Kenny being a young man he would harass her not knowing any better. It took us years to get her to not bite a man. And that was at my dad's will.

Then we have Ezekiel. You know his story but you do not know that I also paid $600 to get him out of his situation. I dont think you know that I traveled over 3 hours one way to him. The vet bills a month or so ago broke my bank. But am I complaining. Nope he needed it, I can do without as long as he does not suffer. Here is a link to see him...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...eekupclose.jpg

Then we have Baby. This one is the saddest of them all. I heard about her last Christmas from my mentor but she could not get to her and save her she was out of the states in Hawaii. Anyway I drove 6 hours one way to her and when I got their it broke my heart. This woman goes in and gets this little thing that is trembling so bad it hurts. She barely has any teeth and what she does have she has an under bite so bad that there is no way that her teeth can line up and chew food. She was 8 years old at the time and never had seen the light of day. I kept my word and gave this woman $1000 to get her out of her care. On the way home mom was driving and me and Rhonda were tending to this life that had never known anything but a cage and being struck. How do I know this because she would tremble if you moved to fast and jump out of her skin. She did not know how to walk and learning how to was hard on her. Her little pads on her feet were so tender from just trying to walk across the floor. And to this day when she crosses a seam in my floor she will hop. She has came a long way since she has been with us and I am proud to say that she is now happy. When she does not want me to bother with her she knows how to run from me. This may sound strange but the first time that she did this I rejoiced. Because it was a gift to her to be able to escape the human touch if she did not want it. Just this morning we played a little game. The only game she will probably ever play. We were pouncing around and she was clacking her nails on the floor. She has found love and she is still learning how to trust and give it in return. Oh I almost forgot something. After she was here a few months she realized that the food bowls ALWAYS have kibble in them. She would sit over the bowls for hours on end taking her time and enjoying having a full belly. Sad huh?? Here is a link to a picture of her. You see the black around her face that is there because she is scared to death when we go to clean her little face. And I am not going to add to her misery no more that absolutely needed.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...ltese/Baby.jpg

Then we have Blynken. She also came a true BRB but I was stupid at the time and did not know better. But I followed the breeder's program and come to find out the sire to her developed something very serious. I never got a clear answer as to what was wrong with him but I know that he suffered with this for about 6 months before he died. Now knowing this Blynken will never be bred. I do not know what the problem was but am not taking any chances it was genetic. I paid $1500 for the dog at the time. Now the woman is charging $3500 for the same bloodlines as her and is getting it for them. Here is Blynken's link....
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...kenforbren.jpg
And here is a link to go and look at this woman's website, you be the judge...
www.poos4u.com

Then we have poor ugly no where near standard Daisey. The woman claimed that she had Champion Sired dogs. I was getting a smarter with this one. WE drove for another 3 hours to her place. She is not champion sired and there are no champions in her lines. WE knew this when I looked at her and over the paperwork. But you see on the same property this woman hat Pit Bulls on Chains and they were in pretty bad shape. I dont know the whole story about this woman and her dogs but I know that when we left my home I had what she was asking for this puppy which was $1000 and there was no way I could leave her there not knowing what the true story was. Here is a picture of her. This picture is actually cute. But it was when she was a pup and we all know it is hard to find a pup that is not cute....
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x.../useonsite.jpg

And last but certainly not least is this Precious baby. She came from a mill and the reason I know this for a fact is because when she gets excited she spins and spins and spins. She wants to trust and to be loved on and she has came a long way. But you can see what I am talking about in these pictures. I was calling her name and she just kept spinning. The classic sign for caged dog syndrome. I forgot to mention that I paid $1400 for this baby........
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...etanother2.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...Yetanother.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...etanother3.jpg

As you can see we have a lot of love to give here. I am blessed to have parents with the same passion as me about saving these babies and doing right with my program. And you notice I say my, this is because this is my work. Mom and dad support every decision that I make and know where my heart is.

Am I stupid for paying these people for saving these babies? Yes actually I am. But to be honest with you if I had it to do all over again I would not do any different. You see you have seen me mention that no puppy or any life in general will suffer at my hand. But there is more to that, I will do my best to save these babies from suffering at anyones greedy hand.

OK so this is the story of Behind the Scenes. Why am I telling you all of this? I think it is time that you all know. I could have told you all this a year ago when I met most of you. But I wanted you to get to know me for me and not like me because I rescue and/or breed. I love these little white dogs. And will do anything and everything that I possibly can to improve the life of any that may cross my path that I can.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to look at all the pictures. I feel as though a picture can tell you what words can not.

Last edited by becky; 01-06-2008 at 12:36 AM.
becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #2
GrannyKnot
Donating Maltese Talker

Becky, you have so much love in you... bless your huge heart.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:29 AM   #3
becky
MT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyKnot View Post
Becky, you have so much love in you... bless your huge heart.
Thank you for the blessing Lorraine. And for taking the time to read the thread. It was a bit long.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #4
Morkie4
Donating Member

Unhappy Rescue is Tuff!

I hear ya! I have two rescues myself but didn't pay nearly the amount you did; but did have medical expenses to get them up to standard on shots and healthy! They are very special and loving dogs and they are my babies and yes, I would probably do it again. No regrets from me for adopting them. Thanks for posting about your rescues!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
jazzysmom
Donating MT 1000 Club Member

Becky, thanks for sharing that very heartfelt story. You will be blessed over and over for what you are doing for these little white fur balls.

Also, thank you for all your help when I have called frantic about my sick Sprout and again New Year's Eve night about the sick little yorkie baby I am sorry to say he did not make it. I found that out late on New Year's Day.
jazzysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
zeek's mom
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkie4 View Post
I hear ya! I have two rescues myself but didn't pay nearly the amount you did; but did have medical expenses to get them up to standard on shots and healthy! They are very special and loving dogs and they are my babies and yes, I would probably do it again. No regrets from me for adopting them. Thanks for posting about your rescues!
Thank you Carol. I tend to agree with you there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzysmom View Post
Becky, thanks for sharing that very heartfelt story. You will be blessed over and over for what you are doing for these little white fur balls.

Also, thank you for all your help when I have called frantic about my sick Sprout and again New Year's Eve night about the sick little yorkie baby I am sorry to say he did not make it. I found that out late on New Year's Day.
Thank you Belinda. What was wrong with him? Was it parvo like I thought? I am so sorry that he did not make it. I wish I could have helped.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
jazzysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek's mom View Post
Thank you Carol. I tend to agree with you there.

Thank you Belinda. What was wrong with him? Was it parvo like I thought? I am so sorry that he did not make it. I wish I could have helped.
She said she talked to the vet the day after New Year and he could not tell her what had been wrong with the puppy. The pup died about 4 am New Years Day morning. She couldn't stop crying I felt so sorry for her b/c I would have been in the same shape if I had lost Sprout..have you seen his latest pictures?
Old 01-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
zeek's mom

Quote:
She said she talked to the vet the day after New Year and he could not tell her what had been wrong with the puppy. The pup died about 4 am New Years Day morning. She couldn't stop crying I felt so sorry for her b/c I would have been in the same shape if I had lost Sprout..have you seen his latest pictures?
No I have been MIA lately around here. Can you post them here for me? I would sure like to see what he looks like.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #9
jazzysmom

Quote:
No I have been MIA lately around here. Can you post them here for me? I would sure like to see what he looks like.
Sure Can Look...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sprout Poinsetta 2.jpg (101.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 03 Malts.jpg (90.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg sprout 006.jpg (46.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Sprout 004.jpg (74.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #10
zeek's mom

Quote:
Sure Can Look...
Belinda your babies are so cute. And sprout is looking so much better.

Have you ever had his bile acids checked? It worries me still that he still has spurce hair.

Thank you for posting him and the others for me to enjoy.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #11
jazzysmom

Quote:
Belinda your babies are so cute. And sprout is looking so much better.

Have you ever had his bile acids checked? It worries me still that he still has spurce hair.

Thank you for posting him and the others for me to enjoy.
No haven't had his bile acids checked yet we have a checkup soon but his tail his a good growth of fur and you can't tell it used to look like a rats tail his feet are even looking better they are white with fur instead of thin white strands. He has just amazed me. When he is in my lap at night he runs up my chest til he gets to my shoulder and then he turns around and perches like a bird on shoulder. It is tooo funny.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
zeek's mom

Quote:
No haven't had his bile acids checked yet we have a checkup soon but his tail his a good growth of fur and you can't tell it used to look like a rats tail his feet are even looking better they are white with fur instead of thin white strands. He has just amazed me. When he is in my lap at night he runs up my chest til he gets to my shoulder and then he turns around and perches like a bird on shoulder. It is tooo funny.
Awwwww he sounds like my Ezekiel I am sorry if that sounded rude. This little guy has had it rough so far and you have given it your all. And he will be thankful to you the rest of his wittle wife. *hugs*
Old 01-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #13
bogiesmom
Maltese Talker

Becky,

You had me crying. I had no idea so many of your white fluffs were rescues. I am so grateful that there are people like you to take on the care of these inocent victims of greed and ignorance. I will make it up to see your babies one of these days. I would love to meet them all.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #14
zeek's mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogiesmom View Post
Becky,

You had me crying. I had no idea so many of your white fluffs were rescues. I am so grateful that there are people like you to take on the care of these inocent victims of greed and ignorance. I will make it up to see your babies one of these days. I would love to meet them all.
Reva my door is always open. I was telling a couple of our Florida friends just last night that they needed to plan a trip up together maybe you could join them.

Thank you for the sweet replies. My babies give more than any of you could ever imagine. And in return I give it back. Especially to the ones that have been mistreated. Baby is the one that worries me the most. Even though she has came such a long way. And I pray that before her time to go to the bridge she will know total love and devotion form the human species.

Hugs to all of you that have been kind enough to read and reply.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:15 AM   #15
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogiesmom View Post
Becky,

Wow, you are just a hop, skip and a jump from me. I live west of Brooksville and north of Hudson!!!! I almost went to the Oldsmar Flea market yesterday.........it is still there, right?

Yes, we'll have to make a trip up to see Becky and her babies. But it takes a good five hours from where I live. It's a long haul!