MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > My Maltese!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #46
I Found Nemo
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V
Adam took the puppy to the vet. The vet said that he was definately sick, but wasn't sure with what and it would cost about $300 just for tests, which obviously doesn't include treatments. Adam also told me that the little guy threw up at least 5 times today total. He called the people that sold us the dog and they said it's probably kennel cough and I think that is a crock of crap. The puppy isn't coughing at all. Last time I talked to Adam he said that he is on his way to the people's house and is probably returning him. He also said that the puppy was sleeping in the carrier with his tongue sticking out and shaking. It hurts us both so much to take him back... I just don't even know what to say. I get very attached to animals and I instantly fell in love with this little dog. I'm fighting crying right now as I'm typing. It's all so frustrating. Why can't everything just work out with dogs for once?

And yes, Im26, we are from the NOVA area.
Ashley I am really sorry Please if you want a puppy go to a reputable breeder, you will know the parents the puppies history. My nemo was bought in a pet store this was before I knew better he is only 1 year and a half and he already needed patella surgery my vet said he was poorly breed My next one will be from a reputable breeder I love Nemo to death but I should have been smarter, with a BackYard Breeder or a pet store you just dont know what will happen down the line .With a reputable breeder you will know the pedigree you will see the parents and the breeder will be with you every step of the way.Im sorry this happened to you and Adam But you have another chance to be smart and do the right thing.Let me know if you need help finding some breeders

ANDREA~
I Found Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #47
Ashley V
Donating MT 2000 Club Member

OKAY ya'll are going to think we are crazy, but we have another update... and it's GOOD! I just got off the phone with Adam. Chip (we've decided to name him that) is doing perfectly fine. The man gave us some medicine for kennel cough and gave him some when they first arrived and fed him some wet food instead of the dry. Adam said he scarfed the food down and became very entergetic... more than Adam had seen yet. I think the puppy needed nourishment and he might be too young to understand how to eat dry food yet because ever since last night, he tried to eat several times, but it kept falling out of his mouth. We are going to watch Chip over the next few days and if he still is sick, we are going to return him, but if he stays the way Adam said he was, then we will keep him. Just pray that he'll get better 100%. Oh and Adam told me the vet was a wench. He said that she said, "You bought a dog and can't afford the $300 to take care of him?" *&%$^%! Thats what I have to say. Adam is on his way home now, then we are taking him to PetSmart to get a kitty sized collar (he's so tiny, x-small dog collars won't even fit him) and a name tag! Wish us luck for our precious baby!
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #48
KMitchell
Maltese Authority

I hope your puppy feels better!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #49
maltesemum
No Longer a Member

Awww goodluck, i hope it all works out for you!
maltesemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:02 PM   #50
lilybellesmom
Donating MT 3000 Club Member

Sorry about your vet You should get a new one. I hope that Chip gets 100% better! Keep us updated!
lilybellesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #51
Ashley V

*sigh* He just threw up a couple drops. Maybe it's just the last of it.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #52
Chloeandj
Donating MT 1000 Club Member

You can soak the dry food in water to make it soft. Is meat what he is used to getting? I wonder if he is stressed since he is rather young. I really hope and pray he gets better very soon!
((HUGS))
Old 03-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #53
adam_c
Maltese Talker

trying to get him to sleep (crate) hes braking right now *sigh* o well hell calm down
adam_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #54
Im26
Maltese Expert

he is probably used to sleeping with his littermates!
i had the same problem for about 2 weeks
but he will eventually get used to it... dont give up
chip is lucky to have u both!
Im26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #55
Ashley V

Geez, he is so cute. I think he threw up a little last night because it was a little left in his system. He ate this morning without any sort of a "fight". This morning Adam took him out to potty at 6:30 then he came in and licked the both of us, but mainly Adam, for litterally 15 minutes. This morning he was playing with his toys a lot. Last night he jumped off the bed, but Adam caught him, thank god... the bed is higher than most normal beds! I think he's gonna be okay though!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #56
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley V
Geez, he is so cute. I think he threw up a little last night because it was a little left in his system. He ate this morning without any sort of a "fight". This morning Adam took him out to potty at 6:30 then he came in and licked the both of us, but mainly Adam, for litterally 15 minutes. This morning he was playing with his toys a lot. Last night he jumped off the bed, but Adam caught him, thank god... the bed is higher than most normal beds! I think he's gonna be okay though!
You need to look into buying some stairs for the little guy to get up and down off the bed. We bought some for our little Toby and he uses them alot, every night and morning! Our bed is like really high!!! So we really needed them to keep the little ones from hurting themselves! They are great to have!

So glad your little one is doing so much better. You will have tons of fun with him.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #57
ladyjazz
No Longer a Member

Awww I am soo glad to hear the little guy is doing better! Can't wait to see more pics And I agree with Carol, stairs would be a good idea.
ladyjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #58
adam_c
Maltese Talker

soon we shall hes so funny he sleeps on car rides

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...t=MOV00951.flv
adam_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #59
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_c
soon we shall hes so funny he sleeps on car rides

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...t=MOV00951.flv
Well, that just wasn't long enough! But he sure looks active in the video! You are going to have soooooooooooooo much fun with him!!!! Love the little growl, he's so tuff!!!! Share more, Share more!!!!!! Want to see more!!!!

PS: Thanks for sharing, I loved it.........even if it was short! lol
Old 03-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #60
maltesemum
No Longer a Member

he is cute but we need it to be longer
maltesemum is offline   Reply With Quote