MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-21-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Officially Retired

It's real. I'm retired. I think I'm a little shell-shocked at the moment. My team mates took me out to lunch today and sent me off in style. I'm going to miss them.
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
JanG
Maltese Authority

Hurray! You're gonna have so much fun! I know you'll miss your team mates but soon you'll be so busy doing stuff that you WANT to instead of HAVE to that you'll miss them less!

Now sit down, pop that cork and celebrate!
Old 12-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #3
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by jang View Post
hurray! You're gonna have so much fun! I know you'll miss your team mates but soon you'll be so busy doing stuff that you want to instead of have to that you'll miss them less!

Now sit down, pop that cork and celebrate!
New Year 06.jpg
Old 12-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #4
Morkie4
Donating Member

Congrats!!!! It will be the start of several new chapters in your life! Your fur kids are going to love having you home with them.........spoiled more than ever!
Old 12-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

MT party time!! We haven't had one in quite a while. Tomorrow will seem strange, but believe me, you'll get over it Enjoy your first day of whatever you want to do!
Old 12-22-2017, 12:38 AM   #6
bphslp
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

You know I have been following your count down on FB. What I want to know, what is the 6 months your co-workers are referring. ha. I thought are you going to retire and then rehire? You are going to love retirement but it will take awhile for you to realize that you don't have to get up so early. Sorta like a fish out of water. What took adjustment was when Ben retired. He almost drove me crazy but we are now in a routine. ha.
bphslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:21 AM   #7
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphslp View Post
You know I have been following your count down on FB. What I want to know, what is the 6 months your co-workers are referring. ha. I thought are you going to retire and then rehire? You are going to love retirement but it will take awhile for you to realize that you don't have to get up so early. Sorta like a fish out of water. What took adjustment was when Ben retired. He almost drove me crazy but we are now in a routine. ha.
They are going to seriously miss me. Not to brag but I was GOOD at what I do er did. For 6 months after you retire you can not do anything for the school system that pays. After 6 months you can. You could come back as a full time employee (NOT on your life!) or you can come back on contract. That is usually short term to fill in for someone out on maternity leave/sick leave or sometimes a contract to just help out with some extra work that there is not enough staff to do. Julia (case manager on my team) says after 6 months she going to come knocking on my door and drag me back. I teased back that she'd have to come find my RV to which she replied that is not a problem as there are cars and planes to take you places. The only thing I would possibly consider is a contract to come and do a team eval here and there. There is a Physical Therapist that does that. She probably does 1 or 2 a month. I want the freedom to go where ever, when ever.

As far as having to adjust to not getting up early - no problem. I am NOT nor have I ever been a morning person. I slept in until 9:30 this morning.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:35 AM   #8
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
MT party time!! We haven't had one in quite a while. Tomorrow will seem strange, but believe me, you'll get over it Enjoy your first day of whatever you want to do!

The party has begun. The party started last night. My grandson faced timed me (the 5 year old - yes he knows how to work the phone) to say "Happy Retirement Nana" and then my daughter's family took us out to dinner to celebrate. It was at a Mexican restaurant so a pitcher of Margaritas was involved. The 5 year old talked about how much fun "Nana Track Out Camp" was going to be all through dinner. He also sweet talked his way into some sleep overs during Track Out Camp. He is on a year round schedule and his track is out for the next 4 weeks. His mom is also off until Jan 2 and then "Nana Track Out Camp" begins.

When hubby and I got home last night we enjoyed a nice leisurely time in the hot tub.

I slept in this morning. YES!!!! Didn't get up until 9:30. Enjoyed coffee in my jamies with the fluffs sitting around me. My two grandsons and their Mommy are coming over sometime this afternoon. Evan wants to see my Christmas tree. (I think he wants to look for his ornaments on my tree). All family members have an ornament with their name on it on the tree. Plus he has 2 that he has given me.

At some point today I need to do some Christmas shopping (that I'm not looking forward to - I hate crowds - but there are only a couple of things I need to get). And sometime this weekend I need to get food for Christmas dinner (ham, mashed potatoes, green beans).

The best part - there is no longer a rushed deadline to do anything. Whoot whoot.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:40 AM   #9
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Oh and some dirty doggies are going to get a bath by Sunday.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #10
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
The party has begun. The party started last night. My grandson faced timed me (the 5 year old - yes he knows how to work the phone) to say "Happy Retirement Nana" and then my daughter's family took us out to dinner to celebrate. It was at a Mexican restaurant so a pitcher of Margaritas was involved. The 5 year old talked about how much fun "Nana Track Out Camp" was going to be all through dinner. He also sweet talked his way into some sleep overs during Track Out Camp. He is on a year round schedule and his track is out for the next 4 weeks. His mom is also off until Jan 2 and then "Nana Track Out Camp" begins.

When hubby and I got home last night we enjoyed a nice leisurely time in the hot tub.

I slept in this morning. YES!!!! Didn't get up until 9:30. Enjoyed coffee in my jamies with the fluffs sitting around me. My two grandsons and their Mommy are coming over sometime this afternoon. Evan wants to see my Christmas tree. (I think he wants to look for his ornaments on my tree). All family members have an ornament with their name on it on the tree. Plus he has 2 that he has given me.

At some point today I need to do some Christmas shopping (that I'm not looking forward to - I hate crowds - but there are only a couple of things I need to get). And sometime this weekend I need to get food for Christmas dinner (ham, mashed potatoes, green beans).

The best part - there is no longer a rushed deadline to do anything. Whoot whoot.
Had fun reading this. Not sure if the doggies will enjoy their bath time.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:57 PM   #11
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
Had fun reading this. Not sure if the doggies will enjoy their bath time.
They won't but no stinky dogs for Christmas!
Old 12-23-2017, 12:23 AM   #12
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

I wonder if the boys sat around this morning and discussed why mommy was home and not at work!!!!
Old 12-23-2017, 05:23 AM   #13
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
I wonder if the boys sat around this morning and discussed why mommy was home and not at work!!!!
We talked about that but we don't think they know yet. We think they know that when the Christmas tree goes up Mommy is home for a while.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:13 AM   #14
Emma's Mama
Maltese Authority

Congratulations!!
Emma's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote