MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-16-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

posting pictures in a thread

how do I post a picture of Jack in a thread?
Old 08-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
Morkie4
Donating Member

It's been so long and was so difficult to do, I wouldn't even know where to begin. maybe Diane can give you some information. If I can figure it out, I'll let you know.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #3
JanG
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxJack'sMom View Post
how do I post a picture of Jack in a thread?
Hey Miss Cheryl!

I think the easiest way is to start your post then click on the paper clip in the menu above.

Find the photo on your computer (I think it needs to be under 800 pixels on the largest size so you may have to resize it before uploading)
Click the upload button.

Click on the paperclip icon again, then on the photo that you uploaded. It should show in your message.

postpicture.jpg

If the photo is too large, I don't think it will upload so if you have problems, check your photo size. There are many online programs for resizing a photo quickly and easily.

The photo I used for showing you is tiny so click on it to enlarge! Hope this helps!

Oh, one other thing, the actual photo won't show while you're typing the message but will show as the word ATTACH in brackets followed by a number with /ATTACH in brackets again.

Last edited by JanG; 08-23-2019 at 02:07 PM.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
Morkie4
Donating Member

Thanks Jan......that was very helpful to me as well. I think I will try doing it myself
Old 08-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #5
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Typically you don't need an extra photo program. I know that is true if your laptop is Windows based as opposed to a Mac. With windows based, if you need to reduce size, you clikc on the photo and then click on edit. Your edit might be an icon. On this computer it is a paintbrush and a pencil crossed. If you don't see edit, hover over the icons and the function will show up. Sometimes you will reduce "pixel" size or sometimes you will have to choose "email" size. It sort of depends on what you computer has as their no frills edit program. Mess around some and if it doesn't work, post what you see as your choices. If you are only trying to upload a single picture, you may not have to make any modifications.
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:32 PM   #6
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
Hey Miss Cheryl!

Oh, one other thing, the actual photo won't show while you're typing the message but will show as the word ATTACH in brackets followed by a number with /ATTACH in brackets again.
Good point Jan. When I'm uploading a set of pictures, I go into my picture file and rename them (even if is as simple as Bently 1, Bentley 2, etc) as the numbers that show mean nothing when you are trying to see if you have actually uploaded the correct picture before you post.

good to see a post from you Jan. I've missed you!
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:14 AM   #7
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post

good to see a post from you Jan. I've missed you!

YEAH, THAT!
Old 08-25-2019, 01:53 AM   #8
JanG
Maltese Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
Typically you don't need an extra photo program. I know that is true if your laptop is Windows based as opposed to a Mac. With windows based, if you need to reduce size, you clikc on the photo and then click on edit. Your edit might be an icon. On this computer it is a paintbrush and a pencil crossed. If you don't see edit, hover over the icons and the function will show up. Sometimes you will reduce "pixel" size or sometimes you will have to choose "email" size. It sort of depends on what you computer has as their no frills edit program. Mess around some and if it doesn't work, post what you see as your choices. If you are only trying to upload a single picture, you may not have to make any modifications.
Now see - I learned something too! Since I work with a graphics program anyway, I've always just used it to resize!

So good to see all of you too. Life has gotten so busy and I think we've moved into warp speed in the past couple of years. I thought retirement meant a slower and less busy life! Ha! Was I wrong!

Both Teddy and Fiona are doing well as are the DH & I. I do check in here from time to time to see how everyone is doing and am glad to see you all too!