MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > In Memory Of.. (R.I.P.)

Old 12-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #16
jdy
Donating MT 1,000 Club Member

I am so sorry for your loss
jdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
ruaga
No Longer a Member

Red face baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyi2 View Post
My baby's IVDD was getting so bad even medication couldn't relieve the pain. This past week has been very hard for everyone in my house. I was feeding him more medication than food... constantly watching him 24-7...He could barely eat or walk.

Today, I had to let him go. I know he's not suffering anymore. I'm very sad but I'm relieved at the same time....Thank you everyone for your support the last few months while my baby was sick..

I don't think I can ever get another pet again...
Sorry for your loss...I too had a loss in my lovely Monique on Dec.25 2011....she seemed fine but early morning started to cough and could not stop...she died in my arms...she was 13 & 7 mos. old...She will always be in my heart..Ruaga
ruaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #18
ruaga
No Longer a Member

Red face Angeleyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyes View Post
I am so sorry for your loss, I've been there and know how bad it hurts. You made the right and best decision to let him go. They don't want to leave us but they aren't meant to suffer so you made the ultimate last act of love to let him go. I felt the same way when we had to let my Abby go three years ago. I also thought that I woud never get another puppy. Then I realized that Abby would want another puppy to be loved like she was. We found our Belle and she helped heal our hearts. Abby is still in my heart and a piece of my heart went with her but Belle helped heal that empty space. I still see thigs of Abby's and cry a few tears but I find comfort knowing that she is young and healthy and runnng and playing at the Rainbow Bridge with the other pets who are waiting to be reunited again with the people they love so very much. You need to grieve, it's a process we humans have to go through as well as any other puppy brothers or sisters left behind but soon those tears will turn to happy memories. Please don't let your grief stop you from giving your love to another puppy who can help you heal.

RIP sweet baby.
Your words are right on...I lost my Monique 5 days ago...those are great thoughts...Ruaga
Old 12-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #19
ruaga
No Longer a Member

Unhappy Zo Zo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo zo's mom View Post
I am so very sorry for your loss and I understand how you are feeling.

Right now, you are raw and hurting and grieving. When I lost Sophie, it was the darkest point in my life. I always have been and always will be a dog person, so I knew I would get another dog. Now the little fluffball that came into my life was a young pup who needed lots of attention, so she helped heal my heart. She could never take Sophie's place, but I needed a dog to love and she needed a person.

I got Zoe the next month, but I know lots of people who wait years before getting another dog. Only you will know what is right for you.

I promise every day will get a little bit better. Remember that your angel doesn't want you to suffer either.
I was thinking before my Monique died 5 days ago that I would not get another doggie, as I also lost my Yorkie, Lucky in 2008 both past 13 yrs...but in November a doggie appeared at my front door and I took her in...she gave much joy to Monique in that one month...She is a very gentle doggie...she looked around for Monique after she passed but it was best that she did not know Monique for long, as Monique missed Lucky after being with him for 10 yrs...all in all it all works out...I miss my Darling,but she will be in my heart forever...her ashes are expected soon...Ruaga
Old 12-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
Nikki's Mom
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
Nikki's Mom
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruaga View Post
Sorry for your loss...I too had a loss in my lovely Monique on Dec.25 2011....she seemed fine but early morning started to cough and could not stop...she died in my arms...she was 13 & 7 mos. old...She will always be in my heart..Ruaga
Ruaga - my condolences to you on the loss of your beloved Monique. I am so sorry.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #22
JiJi's Mom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

Oh no, how sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so devastating when the little one cross the rainbow bridge.

In time when you feel up to it please introduce your new family member. We would love to meet her too.

My most deepest condolences.

R I P Monique
JiJi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote