MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > General Discussion > My Maltese!

Old 12-08-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Just got a alittle puppy (Coconutt)

Hey I am from Goergia and just got a new alittle Maltese puppy that is a CKC regested and is a very loving little puppy. He is only 6 months old and i love him. He was on Purina Pro Plan food and i just got some new food for him i got NutriSource Small and Meduim breed food witch is a 5 star on petfoodadvisor. But anyways I wanted to show some picture of my Coconutt.
https://postimg.org/image/z38izj34b/
https://postimg.org/image/ikep7t53p/

Wont let me upload it

Last edited by Montrell25; 12-08-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Montrell25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #2
MaxJack'sMom
Donating MT 8,000 Club Member

He is very cute. I clicked on each one and saw the pictures. He is really small! Hope you have lots of fun watching him grow up and we get to take the journey with you! Thanks for joining MT.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Thanks. He really hyper and chews on everything but I love him. Just trying to make sure I keep him healthy because i never owned a dog but my parents have a maltese also so that made me and my girlfriend get one too
Old 12-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #4
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Coconutt is adorable. Welcome to Maltese Talk. Look forward to lots more pictures and stories about his adventures.
Tebow's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Thanks. Been trying to get the tear stains to stop. I been giving him bottle wattle and in the process of changing foods. Well I change just taking it slow sense its a more better kind.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:18 PM   #6
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrell25 View Post
Thanks. Been trying to get the tear stains to stop. I been giving him bottle wattle and in the process of changing foods. Well I change just taking it slow sense its a more better kind.
Tear stains are tough with puppies. Especially while they are teething. Best you can do is take a flea comb and get rid of the eye gunk each day, wash off the eye area with a cotton ball, and keep the eye area dry. A little dab of cornstarch under the eye will help dry up wet hair.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #7
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Yah I clipped the stains when I wash him if the hair is long enough. What should I use on the cotton ball when in wipe his eyes? And how often should I put cornstarch under them?
Old 12-09-2016, 03:23 AM   #8
Morkie4
Donating Member

Awwwww, he is just adorable!!!!!!! Such a cute little face, what's not you fall in love with!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 03:25 AM   #9
Morkie4
Donating Member

Just thought I would try to post his pictures so he could have a spot on MT all his own. Hope you didn't mind. Oh, just wanted to say how cute us name is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coc2.jpg (84.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg coco.jpg (36.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-09-2016, 04:20 AM   #10
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Thank you!! I will post the rest of the pictures here when he gets a little bigger so I can have a album
Old 12-09-2016, 05:04 AM   #11
JanG
Maltese Authority

He's such a cutie! You're so fortunate to have him in your life and he's fortunate that you care enough about him to do what's best for him. Welcome to MT!
Old 12-09-2016, 06:06 AM   #12
Tebow's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrell25 View Post
Yah I clipped the stains when I wash him if the hair is long enough. What should I use on the cotton ball when in wipe his eyes? And how often should I put cornstarch under them?
Spa Blueberry Facial is good. But that is more for when you are actually washing his face. Some specialty pet stores have it and you can buy it on Amazon. On the cotton ball I use contact lens sterile saline solutions to wipe eyes. You can use cornstarch whenever you want - when their hair is really wet. Cornstarch also stops bleeding if you nick the quick when you are cutting nails.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #13
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
He's such a cutie! You're so fortunate to have him in your life and he's fortunate that you care enough about him to do what's best for him. Welcome to MT!
Thank you. I been working with him trying to get him potty train and i got him some new food so he is doing so far. Just really hyper and fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow's Mom View Post
Spa Blueberry Facial is good. But that is more for when you are actually washing his face. Some specialty pet stores have it and you can buy it on Amazon. On the cotton ball I use contact lens sterile saline solutions to wipe eyes. You can use cornstarch whenever you want - when their hair is really wet. Cornstarch also stops bleeding if you nick the quick when you are cutting nails.
Alright i will try that the contact soultion on the cotton ball. And i also will get some Cornstarch just to keep just incase i ever need it. I will probably get that facial scrub for him for the next time i bath him did not know i could use that on him.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:15 PM   #14
MalteseJane
Maltese Authority

If the pictures don't upload it is probably because they are too big. You have to resize them before trying to post them. That's one reason I seldom post pictures here.
For the tear staining there is not much you can do right now. Your puppy is still teething and this is one reason for the staining. Just clean the area with warm water.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #15
Montrell25
Maltese Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
If the pictures don't upload it is probably because they are too big. You have to resize them before trying to post them. That's one reason I seldom post pictures here.
For the tear staining there is not much you can do right now. Your puppy is still teething and this is one reason for the staining. Just clean the area with warm water.
Yeah i read about teething can cause it. It should stop when he gets older hopefully because he drinks bottle water.