MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum

Go Back   MalteseTalk.com Forums - Maltese Forum > Classifieds / Breeding / Showing > Maltese Breeder Reviews

Old 06-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Loulou_owner2b
Maltese Talker

Any reviews on Lakeshore Maltese, New Hamphsire?

Hello everybody!

I am currently searching for a maltese in New England Area and I came across to Lakeshore Maltese breeder.
Does anybody know anything about it?

Thank you!
Loulou_owner2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
mia's mom
Donating MT 7000 Club Member

Here puppies look cute but her adults are not good representations of the breed. She also advertises quite a bit on Nextdaypets, Nextdaydogs, Breedersclub and she say's "most" of her dogs are AKC registered.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:50 AM   #3
LittleDogLVR
Maltese Authority

I have emailed her and talked to her but never met.
she is local to me but I didnt know of her when I bought Lizzie and Codie.

She seems like a decent person, caring and all but I would want to visit
her personally.
Quite surprised she is advertising on those sites.........

John
LittleDogLVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Jodi
MT Newbie

Was there in person...BAD puppy mill! Stay away, so sad.
Jodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
Citrus
MT Newbie

Bought a puppy through her for Christmas and was very happy. Her home was clean and well-maintained. The dogs had lots of attention and space. She obviously cares a great deal for the dogs and treats them like family pets. My dog is healthy and doing well. Was a good experience overall.
Citrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
bentleyboy
MT Newbie

how much was your puppy i want to get one but i dont know how much they are i emailed here but she hasnt responded and i need to know how much they are quick
bentleyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
RayaCole
MT Newbie

@Jodi
...She is absolutely not a puppy mill. She is the exact opposite actually. She loves and individually cares for each dog. You clearly do not know what a puppy mill is. Stop lying to other users. And don't even think of buying a puppy from her. She will know who is a good person and who is not when it comes down to passing on her beloved puppies to a new home.

If anyone is looking for a fun AND sweet petite dog, and you have the kindness and patience that this breed of dog needs, please visit Marilyn. You will not be disappointed!

God bless.
RayaCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
bellaratamalt
No Longer A Member

It's always interesting how people only have one post and it's a post like these previous ones.
bellaratamalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #9
Nikki's Mom
Donating MT 3,000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamalt View Post
It's always interesting how people only have one post and it's a post like these previous ones.

I hear ya, Stacy!!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
Zuly4034
Donating MT 2,000 Club Member

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.
Zuly4034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
bellaratamalt
No Longer A Member

Can we say... hidden agenda?
bellaratamalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:51 AM   #12
Morkie4
Donating Member

Quote:
I completely agree! They must have had a discussion on another forum, got the boot and brought it to another forum. DRAMA!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
3maltese4me
No Longer A Member

Quote:

True dat!!!!!
3maltese4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #14
wheatenbrat
MT Newbie

My puppy is from Marilyn. I had talked to her several times on the phone and visited her home 3 times. She is EXTREMELY concerned about the health and welfare of the puppies. She will not sell a puppy to just anyone and states right in her contract that if for any reason you cannot keep the dog she wants the first opportunity to have it back so she can find an acceptable home for it. I also called literally 10 references of people who had her puppies and everyone I talked to was overwhelmingly happy with their dogs. When I went to bring my baby home it took over an hour to pick him up because she had so many instructions to go over and so much information to share... and that is AFTER having already given me a lot of information when I put the deposit down on him. My vet is very impressed with my puppy, says he is wonderful and healthy and exactly the temperament that maltese are bred for - she also said that over the last 10 years or so they have seen many maltese come into their practice who are not the temperament that maltese are typically known for and they have seen quite a few that are high strung and nippy. Also, I had a lot of questions for my vet about how they do things (meaning certain vaccinations and timing, etc)., and my vet was also impressed with the amount of knowledge Marilyn has of the breed as well as her concern for the welfare of the puppies. No, she does not show her dogs, but there is NO DOUBT the health of the puppies and their care is her #1 priority. I am a member on Spoiled Maltese and I joined when I already had a deposit on my puppy, so since that time I have a much better understanding of the type of breeder that is recommended to buy a puppy from. However, to lump someone like Marilyn in as a puppy mill is just absurdly wrong.
wheatenbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #15
LittleDogLVR
Maltese Authority

Hmm Old post resurrected …..not really surprised….such a shame !
Just found out over the summer the lady I Bought Both of my dogs from wasn't as reputable as I once thought….

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro...z/-/index.html

So sad that people treat animals like this…..Very sad !

My 2 are fine health wise but certainly have mental issues….But we still love them
LittleDogLVR is offline   Reply With Quote